Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

11/02/2008

Being Thankful Every Day

Some of you may not know I have another BLOG besides this one. It's about cooking and household stuff mostly. Between the two of them, I have tons of 'favorites' listed. There are a few that, because of their content, I have them listed on BOTH my blogs. Roseanne in Canada (Bits of Life, Scrapbooking and Cooking) is one of those. As I was visiting her blog today, as I often do, I visited a few of the blogs in HER list.

That's how I came upon South Breeze Farm blog, hosted by Leah in Iowa. She's holding a 'Giving Thanks Challenge' for November, and I've posted her challenge in the column to the left to remind me to post something for which I am thankful each day this month. Now, life is crazy, so I may not make it every day, but I'm going to do my very best.

Today hubby and I, as we often do, got out early this morning and headed out to see what we could find. And we took a LONG ride today. We started out to go to DeSoto Falls State Park in northeast Alabama, and that's not a bad ride for us, but then hubby decided he wanted to go to Huntsville, Alabama - because we'd never been there - good reason, right? I was working on some felt snowman pins (I'll post them later) and needed some black beads, so he agreed to stop at a WalMart in Huntsville. I wasn't in there very long at all, but when I got back to the car he had been looking at the map, which is never a good thing! (I love you honey!)

So he wanted to go up to Fayetteville, TN and back east to Chattanooga, and south and east back home. That was a LONG day's riding! But we went through some gorgeous country! My favorite was between Fayetteville and Chattanooga on Hwy 64. There are miles and miles of farmland, much of it white with cotton, and huge farmhouses and barns (you might not know that I'm a barn fanatic, lol!) But the backdrop for all the farmland and barns and cotton were rolling hills bright with the oranges, yellows, reds and golds of autumn.

It was such a great day, and very re-energizing and refreshing to get out and see some of the world.So today, I must say I am grateful for God's gorgeous creation! I believe He knew we needed a re-charge, He led us on that route, and He put on quite a show for our benefit. Everyone else who passed that way also benefitted from the show!

As we have traveled over the years, and we've traveled a good bit, in places of extreme beauty, I've often caught myself humming or singing to myself one of my favorite choruses - the Doxology. According to my google search, this hymn (written by Thomas Ken) will be three hundred (300) years old next year, and yet the words are as timeless and relevant today as they were back then. You can find a website here where you can hear the music. I'll leave you with those words in the hopes you'll sing them along with me with a grateful heart. Blessings to all who visit, Becky

Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below,
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts,
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
AMEN!!!

2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Listening to you talk about your long drive brought back a bunch of memories for me. Back in my college days, my boyfriend and I would just hop in the car and see where the road took us. It's been years since I've done anything like that, though, but I used to love those journeys. I bet it was absolutely beautiful this time of year.
I'm looking forward to seeing your snowmen pins. Hope you post them when you're done!

fawndear said...

I found you through the Giving Thanks Challenge and I have to say that you have a beautiful blog.

A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart!

Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.