Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/18/2009

Arty Girls Challenge Blog #73

I made a card today.

That may not sound very surprising to you, but it's the first card I've made in several weeks, and you know what?

IT FELT GOOD!!!

Being a caregiver for elderly parents, plus wife and homemaker doesn't leave a lot of time for doing things you want to do. Creating for me is a necessity, and I've made a few small things with needle and thread these last few weeks, but I really wanted to make a card!

And this week's challenge from those Arty Girls was just the ticket! The theme this week is 'wire', and I took it literally and ran with it!






* Please excuse the photo quality - it's a rainy, cloudy day here, so I had to take them inside!

Products:

  • Bazzill Cardstock
  • Jenni Bowlin 'Vintage Red Bookprint' paper
  • Jenni Bowlin 'Vintage Red Tiny Dot' paper
  • 24 gauge copper wire
  • vintage buttons, threaded with wire
  • butterfly from K&Company Wild Saffron Tag Pad
  • stitches machine sewn
  • tag cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities 'classic circle small'
  • flower petals cut freehand

Now it's off to the kitchen, to create in a different way. Think I'll make a blueberry cake and then get dinner going. Have a blessed day! Becky

6 comments:

Carol Ann said...

I like this card flowers and buttons are a favourite. I'm glad you have managed to get back to making cards. I find crafting is such a great way to de-stress too x

Paulien van den Bosch said...

This is just GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love the paper choice and I sooooo love the use of wire!
awesome job.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

It is a big deal to steal a few minutes when you are caring for other people! I love what you made :)

Crissi Harvey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crissi Harvey said...

oops sorry about deleting post my spelling was awful.

Stunning card Becky, love the papers , colour , wire everythng.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Holly's Hobbies said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment...love the cards you have posted. Where in GA are you located?