Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/24/2009

A Day of Rest, and Faith!



Today is the first day in almost a month that I've actually been able stay at home, rest, relax and refuel from all the things that have been going on with my dad and his health issues lately. I began the day by filling the birdfeeders on my deck, ate breakfast, checked e-mails and read up on my blogs, then decided to make a card. About faith!





I don't talk about it much on here, but I am a born again Christian who puts her faith in a God who loves her beyond measure, and wants what's best for her. That doesn't mean I'm perfect, or that my life is perfect - in fact, both of those couldn't be farther from the truth, but I 'AM' forgiven for those imperfections.



Anyway, faith was on my mind today, so created this card to share with you. I hope you think it's as pretty as I do!


The picture makes the base cardstock look gray, but it's actually a soft sage-y green. The brown patterned paper is from Websters Pages. The picture of the song thrush and her young are from an old book I bought on eBay.





The ribbon and buttons are all from my stash, as are the ribbon rose and the brass safety pin it is attached to for safe keeping. The gold wreath is from an old Anna Griffin kit.

The stitching around the picture and used to make the ruffly velvet ribbon are all done by machine. The pearls and topaz colored stones are from K&Company.



The verse that will go inside comes from my heart:


"Faith is many things. It is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. It can move mountains, or it can move a stone, or it can move a hard heart to jelly. Faith is the thing within us all that helps us to hope, and dream, and rejoice in our knowledge that God is in control. Faith is what keeps us pushing through each day, looking for the good, and enduring the bad. Faith is a gift and a joy. Today I am praying for you, that you will keep the faith, and push through this hard time."






And that is my prayer and hope for you today, my friends! That you will keep pushing through, finding the good, and keeping the faith! Wishing you all God's blessings, Becky




Bits and pieces:

  • Bazzill Cardstock
  • Websters Pages 'Reflections of Nature - Bee Balm'
  • K&Company Adhesive Gems
  • Ribbon, buttons, ribbon rose from my stash (velvet ribbon stitched on machine and gathered by hand)
  • Machine Stitching
  • Metal wreath from Anna Griffin kit
  • Picture of song thrush from The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden

5 comments:

K-Sue said...

A beautiful verse. I am so glad to hear you have had a day of enjoying home.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

-Tish

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I love it...the elements of it and the sentiment that inspired it!

English Cottage in Georgia said...

I love the Faith card...I think I would frame and hang it with my sampler collection.

Paulien van den Bosch said...

It is B E A U T I F U L !!!!!!