Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/07/2010

Daring Cardmakers "String of Pearls" Dare

I have probably said this before, but Daring Card Makers (aka DCM) is one of my top favorite cardmaking challenge sites.  They aren't 'snobby' about the types of products you use, they throw out some great dares from time to time, and the design team members are great!  Love'em!  That said,  here is my card for their latest dare called "A String of Pearls".  It is the first challenge of June, and the June birth stone is the pearl, and I love me some pearls!  Here goes . . .




How it all came together . . .

That white satin bow (a gift from a friend's stash) with the pink applique flower in the center was my inspiration for this card, so I went looking for cardstock and a patterned paper to match the colors of pink, white and soft baby green.  I didn't have to look far, because I found this piece of patterned cardstock from the Die Cuts With a View 'Be Mine' stack, and it matched perfectly.  I simply cut the card on my Cricut using the 'Walk in my Garden' cartridge, card 2 set at 5 inches.




The sentiment was stamped with a stamp from Inkadinkadoo using Versamark ink and then heat embossed using Ranger 'Seafoam White' embossing powder.




The pearls are all from Prima e-line gems.  The bow is made from a bit of pretty cotton trim I bought at Hobby Lobby a while back.  It was 'by the yard', so I don't have any way of identifying it other than look at Hobby Lobby.




And that is IT!  This was such an easy card to put together, but will be a great card to add to my ever growing collection.  Thanks for visiting today, and I hope to be back soon with a card for the Mojo Monday sketch.

Blessings, friends!  Becky


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, I just love this card, it has such a pretty, simple elegance. Perfect.
Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Lynda said...

Firstly your card is absolutely stunning! and secondly can I say a huge Thank You for your lovely comments about DCM they're very much appreciated. Thanks for your support.

Love Lynda xxx

Unknown said...

I would love to receive this in the mail.