Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/25/2010

Card Making Day!

Hey there!  Happy Wednesday to everyone!  I'm not feeling my best today (sinusy,achy, etc.) so I have made this a card making day!  Here are my three latest cards - one birthday, and two more halloween.  Up first is the 'black cat'!


Product Info:
  • Base Card Stock - Bazzill
  • Red Card Stock - Die Cuts with a View
  • Patterned Paper - October Afternoon, Road Map 'Skyline Motor Inn'
  • Image - clip art software
  • Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
  • Bling - Prima e Line
  • Button and cotton twine from my stash
  • Touch of Stickles on the cat's bow







Tools, Tips, Techniques:
  • Card base cut using Cricut, Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Patterned paper frame cut using Cricut, Songbird cartridge, Frame1 cut at 3 3/4"
  • Red frame cut using Cricut, Songbird cartridge, Frame1-s cut at 3"
  • Image matted on scrap of black card stock

Second up is 'jack o' lantern choir':


Before I give the details, I'd like to say that I found the image cute, but kind of flat, so I wanted to give the card at least a feeling of texture.  The use of fabric print papers and jute twine really seemed to help!

Product info:
  • Base card stock is from Anna Griffin 'Decorative Impressions' paper pack
  • Orange card stock is Bazzill
  • Green tweed look paper is an old scrap of another Anna Griffin paper
  • Image is from clip art software
  • Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
  • Stickles Star Dust
  • Buttons, jute twine and cotton twine from my stash







Tools, Tips, Techniques:
  • Base card cut on Cricut using Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Green and orange frames cut on Cricut using Mothers Day cartridge, Frame3 set at 3 3/4" and 4"
  • Boo tag was made by printing on ivory card stock and trimming to size, used a 1/8" hole punch and tied on with cotton twine.
  • Jute twine was glued around matted image
  • Stickles was used on bats and eyes and mouths of jack o' lanterns
And last up is 'birthday poppies':



Product Info:
  • Card stock is Die Cuts With a View
  • Patterned paper is October Afternoon, Cherry Hill 'Sunday Dishes'
  • Image from clip art software
  • Gems are from Prima e Line
  • Stickles, Diamond
  • Button - Walmart?
  • Button from my stash







Tools, Tips, Techniques:
  • Card Base cut using Cricut, Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Frames cut using Cricut, Songbird cartridge, Frame2 set at 3 3/4" and 3 3/4" shadow
  • Stickles on centers of flowers
  • Image matted on scrap of black card stock

I hope you've enjoyed these cards!  Now I'm going to roll back across the room to my work table where I have another card waiting to be made!  Blessings friends, Becky

1 comment:

FiberArtisttoo said...

These are all great Becky. I love the vintage Halloween look. I think I have a CD of vintage Halloween images, guess I better be looking for it.