Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/19/2011

Unscripted Sketches #94 and a Piggyback!

Good morning!  Welcome to another week of fun at Sketch It Saturday at Unscripted Sketches!  This week's sketch features a 'piggyback' challenge to add fabric to your project.  Here is this week's sketch . . .




And here is my project . . .




I made a fabric collage wall hanging from the sketch, and am very pleased with how it came out!  I used two patterned fabrics, a vintage button, lace and pom-pom trim from my stash, and made a yoyo out of the red fabric.  This is the first time I've used the pom-pom fringe where it really looks well done, so I am happy with that! 








I made a bow from the red calico fabric and sewed it to the top - before I used the fabric for the bow I tried several different ribbons and none of themworked.  The torn fabric stip ended up being the perfect topping for the collage.




One tip that I will share with you today is how I got the verse on the center.  You take a piece of plain muslin fabric and iron it to the shiny side of a piece of freezer paper, then trim it to 8 1/2 x 11", and print it on your ink jet printer.  I use the 'other specialty paper' setting, and it prints like a charm!  Then you make sure you heat set it with a hot iron, and use a fixative found at fabric stores to keep it from fading.

Thanks so much for visiting Camellia Cottage today!  Be Joyful Always, Becky


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling fabric! I love reading all your blogs! You are a fun gal...happy creating!