Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

5/16/2011

Little Red Wagon Challenge #80 - Houses

This week's challenge over at Little Red Wagon is to feature a house, or houses, on your project.  As soon as I saw that I knew I wanted to use the Echo Park paper from the line 'life is good' called The Neighborhood.  The colors are great, there are tons of houses, and well, it's Echo Park . . . hello!  Anyway, here is my card for this week's challenge . . .



And here are all the details . . .

The Blueprint:  Create a card featuring a house or houses

The Supply List:

  • Cardstock is from The Paper Studio
  • Patterned paper is Echo Park ~ life is good ~ 'The Neighborhood'
  • Gems are from Prima
  • Brown ink is Stampabilities
  • Sentiments are SRM Stickers
  • corrugated cardboard
  • Beacon 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue
  • Glue Glider Pro and Perma Bond adhesive



The Tools:
  • Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden Cartridge
  • Fiskars 'Apron Lace' Border Punch
  • Rotary Cutter
  • Scissors, Craft knife
  • Glue Glider Pro



The Construction:
  • Cut card base using Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Cut patterned paper using Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5"
  • Ink edges of patterned paper with brown ink pad
  • Using Glue Glider Pro, adhere patterned paper to card base
  • Using rotary cutter, cut piece of blue cardstock 5" x 3 1/2"
  • Punch edges of blue cardstock using border punch.
  • Using rotary cutter, cut piece of patterned paper the height of the houses by 5"
  • Ink edges of strip of patterned paper with brown ink pad
  • (Note:  So okay, I wanted to bump this up off the page a bit, and I'm almost out of foam dots and wanted to economize, so here's what I did!)
  • Cut 2-3 strips of cardboard about 4" x 1 1/2" and glue to back side of blue cardstock
  • Glue cardboard and cardstock to card base.
  • Glue houses strip to cardstock
  • Apply sentiment stickers
  • Apply gems
And Voila!  You have a card!  You know, we crafters have to be 'crafty' and some times you just have to improvise as I did with the cardboard!  But it worked!  Thanks for visiting today!  Blessings friends, Becky


No comments: