But I chose to start with this one from Card Positioning Systems . . .
And here is my project based on the sketch . . .
As you can tell, I turned the sketch 1/4 turn to the right. I also took a little different route today, and I really like how it came out! I used a pink glassine lined treat bag as the front of the card. It fits into a 5x7" envelope, and the verse is an insert in the bag. I bought these envelopes from Pick Your Plum a few weeks ago when it was their deal of the day, but I did find some online that appear to be the same. Here are the details . . .
- Pink treat bag - Pick Your Plum (see note above)
- Blue checked paper - The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
- Pink patterned paper - Making Memories
- Dark blue cardstock - DCWV
- Light blue cardstock - Bazzill
- Image - Bumble Button
- Lace, button, clear gem and flower - stash
- Seam binding - Bluebird Lane Etsy shop
- Stickles 'Diamond', 'Cotton Candy' and 'Waterfall'
- Sentiment - SRM Stickers
|Click on picture to see large size so you can see dimension on end of bag.|
- Scissors, craft knife, rotary cutter, ruler
- EK Success 'Arch Scallop' border punch
- Computer and ink jet printer
- Cricut Expression and Elegant Edges cartridge
- Label behind sentiment cut using Elegant Edges cartridge, 'Bird1-s' using oblong feature set at 3"
And above is a view of the verse inserted into the bag. I simply typed out the words (my words, please give credit where due if you choose to use them!) on my PC, printed them onto white cardstock, and matted it onto light blue cardstock and added a small embellishment at the top corner.
I hope you have enjoyed my project for today! I had fun with it, and the treat bags are very easy to work with. Thanks for visiting, and I hope to see you back again very soon! Blessings, Becky