Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

10/27/2011

365 Cards . . . Challenge 241

I have been wanting to take part in the 365 Cards challenges for a while now, and just never made time to make a project.  But when I saw the challenge today, something clicked and I just KNEW that I was going to make a card this time!  The challenge is to follow this card recipe:
  • 4x4 card
  • 2 patterned papers
  • ribbon
  • glitter
  • Halloween or fall theme
  • sentiment of your choice
And here is my card based on the recipe . . .




Supplies:
  • Base (kraft) card stock - The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
  • Orange glitter card stock - DCWV
  • Patterned papers - Bella Blvd. 'Too Cute To Spook'
  • Sentiment  -  SRM Stickers
  • Button - my stash, a very cheapy black plastic button I coated with . . . 
  • Stickles 'Copper'
  • Ribbon - my stash

I know that it looks like I used 3 patterned papers, but the striped paper in the rosette is the reverse side of the black and orange 'jack o'lantern' paper, so technically it's only two.  At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  :o)


Tools:
  • Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
  • Martha Stewart scoring board
  • Scissors, ruler, rotary cutter and craft knife

So there's my first card for the challenges over at 365 Cards!  I don't think it will be my last!  Thanks for visiting, and hope to see you back here tomorrow for my Design Team project for Alphabet Challenge Blog.  Blessings, Becky

2 comments:

Frances said...

Cool idea to coat an old button in glittery glue to give it a whole new life - lovely card and hope to see more on 365 cards!

Hannah said...

This is really cute! So glad you decided to jump in on a challenge!! Hope to see lots more of you at 365 Cards :-)