And I've had this image for a week or two and it's been calling out to me 'make a card with me' and I knew I had to just sit down and make it so!!! I've also been studying cards by one of my very favorite, all time most amazing card making heroes ... Cherry Nelson, and I wanted to make a card that she would love, and I really hope she loves this one! Here is my vintage card ala Cherry Nelson ...
Don't you love it??? The image actually has an Easter greeting at the bottom, but you can't see it for the huge flower I made, so it could be for a birthday card, too! I wish someone would make one like this for MY birthday, which is in April, and is a BIG one this year, too!!! (I mean, REALLY BIG!)
Here are the details ...
- Base card stock - The Paper Studio
- Brown ink - Stampabilities
- Patterned papers (pink graph and music notes) - October Afternoon 'Sidewalks'
- April calendar - Crafty Secrets (freebie)
- Pearl swirls - Prima
- Seam binding - Bluebird Lane Etsy shop
- Star pin - Maya Road
- Pearl head pins - Bead Landing head pins from Michael's jewelry department
- Buttons, doily, felt, eyelet lace, burlap and chenille fabric all from my stash
- Stickles 'platinum' and 'diamond' - Ranger Industries
- Martha Stewart / EK Success paper trimmer
- Martha Stewart / EK Success scoring board
- scissors, craft knife, ruler, pinking shears
- ink jet printer
- Cuttlebug and Scalloped Circles Small Spellbinders Nestabilities dies
For the flower, I cut 3 varying sizes of felt using my Cuttlelbug and Spellbinders dies. Then I cut two different sizes of circles from the burlap and a mid sized circle of the chenille fabric. Then I stacked them and sewed the button on using button and craft thread.
I hope you like this card as much as I do! I would love if you would stop for a moment and leave a comment! Thanks for visiting, and blessings ... Becky!