Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

3/14/2012

Jinger Adams - Design Team Application - Heartfelt Wishes

Hello Friends!  Today I want to share with you a card that I made for my application for the newest Design Team around ... Jinger Adams!  You may remember Jinger as the spokesperson for the Cricut a while back, but now she has some great things in the works, including her own line of paper crafting products. 

Before I share my card with you, I have to say ... the DT call asked us to create a new project that shows our style, or they type of projects that they could expect from us if we made the team.  That is hard for me because my styles are as varied as the products available out there today!  I try to make each project unique, but using the elements in the papers and embellishments to highlight those products to their best advantage.  I would say my personal favorite style is a blend of shabby/vintage/retro, but as you will see with this card, I also love classy and elegant.

Oh, and I'm not just a card maker!  Making cards was my first love, but I also do altered items, and my newest love ... mini albums!  In the last month or so, I have made at least six to eight mini albums, and I am really loving them!  And no two are alike ... as I said above, when you use the products to their best advantage, you will come up with unique and special finished projects.

Okay, enough of my soap box ... here is the card that I made for my application ...




Supplies:
  • Base card stock - Michael's Value Cards and Envelopes
  • Patterned paper - We R Memory Keepers 'Cotton Tails' collection - Thicket
  • Sentiment Sticker - SRM Stickers
  • Seam Binding - Miss Myrtle's Sundries
  • Flower - Prima

Tools:
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Scoring Board
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife

I am so in love with this paper collection by We R Memory Keepers!  The colors are so springy and light, and this damask print is just picture perfect for many different types of projects!

Jinger, if you read this blog post, please scroll through the rest of my blog so  you can see more about my styles and my love for paper crafting!  Thank you for this opportunity!  Blessings, Becky




6 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like it was a difficult chose on which project you were going to chose. The card you chose is perfection. Good Luck

Gloria said...

Very classy. Love the ribbon and flower!

Precious Hugs

TheTulipCollector said...

I know what you mean...one project to portray your style!!! You did a wonderful job though. Good luck with the DT. I think it will be a great group and roll out some amazing new products.

LisaB said...

Great job on the card! It is always difficult to pick just one thing to make! Thanks for the inspiration!

Scrappy Beads said...

Your project is very pretty... :)
Wishing you a beautifully blessed week,
**Lots of BIG Hugs**
Deborah

Lisa B said...

Very pretty card - love the damask paper! Good luck on the design team call!

Lisa
addictedtothecricut.blogspot.com