Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

3/06/2012

Prima 'Sun Kiss' Mini Album

When the pre-CHA sneak peeks were being shared by manufacturers, one of the first lines that I knew I wanted to work with was 'Sun Kiss' by Prima Marketing.  The blues, yellows and greens are just beautiful, and it's such a springy/summery line!  So, I ordered the 6 x 6 pad and a pack of the matching flowers from The Hens' Den.  Then I got busy going through my stash looking for things I could use in a mini album. 

I found a LOT of silk sunflowers in my silk flowers stash ... I've had them for YEARS, and I know this because they are leftovers from when I did flowers for a friend's wedding and we used sunflowers. 

Then I cut out pages for the album and punched them with my new Cinch, and packed it all up and took it to my LSS on Saturday for a day of crafting madness!  And I bought a few more embellishments for the album there!  And here is what I ended up with ...


Front Cover


Page One

Page Two


Page Three


Page Four


Page Five


Page Six

Page Seven


Page Eight


Page Nine

Page Ten

Outside Back Cover


Isn't it beautiful!!!  Here is a breakdown of all the details ...


Supplies:
  • Kraft Cardstock - The Paper Studio
  • Chipboard for covers - my stash (came in orders with 12 x 12 paper)
  • Designer papers - Prima Marketing 'Sun Kiss' Collection
  • Silk sunflowers - my stash
  • Vintage lace - my stash (estate sale find)
  • Gems and jewels - Prima Marketing
  • Patterned flowers - Prima Marketing 'Sun Kiss' Collection
  • Yellow Tulle Trim - Maya Road
  • Corrugated Dress Form and Canvas Heart - Basically Bare
  • Stickles 'Platinum' - Ranger Industries
  • Chipboard Frames - Tattered Angels
  • Brown Ink - Quick Quotes 'Mocha Mama' Chalk Ink
  • Yellow and Green Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads 'Mustard Seed' and 'Shabby Shutters'
  • 'Our Story' Tag - K & Company
  • Corrugated button - Jillibean Soup
  • Brown Twine - Maya Road
  • White Chipboard Tag - Heartfelt Creations
  • Stamps - Anna Griffin
  • Mustard card stock - Core'dinations
  • White lace - my stash
  • Glitters - my stash
  • Black Chipboard - Bo Bunny
  • Large Photo Corner - Pink Paislee 'Artisan Elements' Circles
  • Mist - Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist 'Iridescent Gold'
  • Bingo Card - Jenni Bowlin

Adhesives:
  • Glue Glider Pro and Perma Tac refill -  Glue Arts
  • Gluedles - Glue Arts
  • 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue - Beacon
  • Gloss Adhesive - Anna Griffin Clear Glass Finish
  • White Glue - Plaid 'Sealed All Over' Paper Adhesive
  • Foam Squares - Recollections

Tools Used:
  • The Cinch and 1" Spiral Binding Wire 'Bark'
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • Carl PRT-100 Rotary Trimmer
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife
  • Cuttlebug and 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder

As info, I made the album 3" x 6" so that I could cut the 6" x 6" sheets of paper in half, to get more from the pack.

Thank you so much for visiting today, and I hope you will come back soon!  I will be back tomorrow with a card for the Friendship's Garden Challenge 11, so look for that one!  Blessings, Becky



No comments: