Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

11/05/2012

The Kraft Journal #95 ... Happy Harvest

Wow, can you believe it is November already!  Just seems like it was spring and everyone was buying spring plants and sprucing up their gardens.  Last night I was in Walmart and they were already decorated for Christmas and playing piped Christmas music across the store!  But in my mind, before you can have Christmas first you must have fall, harvest and giving thanks!  This week's theme at The Kraft Journal is "Happy Harvest" and I made a sweet card to share with you.  Here it is ...


You probably know by now that I love vintage postcards and images, and this is one that I found somewhere online.  I can't remember if it was on Flickr, Pinterest or one of my other sites for vintage images.  Here are the details ...

Supplies:
  • Card base is Light Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock
  • Earthy Hemp Cord
  • Brown card stock - Bazzill Basics "Card Shoppe"
  • Patterned Paper - Authentique
  • Large Button - Jenni Bowlin
  • Stickles - Goldenrod and Platinum
  • Brown Ink - Stampabilities
  • Small buttons - vintage, from my stash





Tools:

  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Scoring Board
  • Cricut Expression and 'Elegant Edges' cartridge
  • Scissors, ruler and craft knife

For the sentiment, I simply printed it on some white cardstock using my computer and printer.  Thanks so much for visiting today, and I hope you come back soon.  I will be announcing my big news on Wednesday, so be sure to come back for that!  Blessings!

No comments: