Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

1/21/2013

The Kraft Journal # 105 ... "Punch It Out"

Hi there!  Welcome to Make It Monday for The Kraft Journal.  This week's theme is "Punch It Out", and as we are always encouraged to come to our own conclusions as to what the theme means, I decided that for me it meant using a punch tool!  Here is my project for this week ...



A pretty tag is a great way to say thank you or hello or just about any sentiment you wish to share!  Here are the details ...

Supplies:





Tools:

  • Scissors, kraft knife, ruler
  • EK Success 1 1/2" Scalloped Circle Punch
  • Epiphany Round 14 Punch Tool 


To Make The Flower:
  1. Punch three (3) scalloped circles from coordinating patterned paper.
  2. Spray both sides of all three circles with a mist of water.  Allow to sit for a minute or two. 
  3. Scrunch, fold, roll up the three circles.  Allow to sit for another minute or two.
  4. Straighten out the three circles and allow to dry.  You can allow them to dry on their own, dry them with a heat tool, or in the microwave, checking every 20 to 30 seconds.
  5. Ink edges of circles.
  6. Stack, adding adhesive between the three layers.
  7. Add a charm, bead, button, etc. to the center.  I used an Epiphany Round 14 bubble cap with coordinating paper on mine.
  8. Adhere to your project.
Thanks so much for visiting today ... I hope you will try making some tags as they are so very easy and appreciated!  Blessings,



No comments: