Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/07/2013

Art Journaling Play Date with Mary Ann!

Yep, it's official ... I'm obsessed!  Maybe even addicted!  I really do LOVE printing my own papers using my Gelli Arts Gelli Plate, and then using the papers for art journal pages!

This past Thursday I went to my friend Mary Ann's and spent most of the day getting messy with paint and inks and making pretty papers.  We had so much fun, and I am so grateful for her hospitality ... especially for letting me play in her great 'craft cave' in her basement.  It was a great day!  Here is a picture of Mary Ann getting her hands messy ...


And here she is really intently working with her gelli plate ...







She made a really pretty art journal page and some cool printed papers as we played, and she took me out to lunch at a local restaurant for an 'early birthday' present.  She's a sweetie, and I am thankful we met through our LSS, Altered Angel and have had the opportunity to get to know her and call her friend.

Here is the page that I finished that day ... I had actually started it here at home ...



It's not one of my favorites, but it came out okay.  Can you see the 'shadow' of the girl just to the right of the text girl?  I liked that so much that my journaling says 'And one day she just knew she could no longer stand in the shadows of her life'. 

My favorite part of this page is on the left hand side, about 1/2 way down the page.  Can you see the texture?  My friend Karen, who I also met through Altered Angel, told me I had to try using modeling paste on pages, so I finally broke down and bought a jar of it and ... oh, she was so right!  You can do all kinds of fun stuff with it, but what I did on this page was lay a paper doily onto the page and spread the modeling paste over it, then pulled up the doily.  It left some great texture ... here's a close up look ...



The paste dries and hardens and really leaves some great texture. 

So yes, I am addicted! 

Thanks for visiting today, and Blessings ...









1 comment:

Val said...

Seriously, you are amazing!