Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/03/2013

Gotta Love Those Curves!!!

Yes, it's me, and I am back again with my art journal page # 2 ... made using my Gelli Arts Gelli Plate!  I am so in love with this new (to me) artful obsession!

This art journal page celebrates one part of my body that I love!  Let me clarify one thing ... I love me, the person I am, because I am loved ... I was created by a loving God, in His image, and He loves me beyond measure, so because I know I am loved THAT MUCH, I love me.  But I also love the person I have become, all my foibles and failures and everything, because I don't really always make the best choices, but I try to learn from both good and bad decisions I have made.

But ... I don't love most of my 'body'.  But I do love my curves!  By all rights I should probably be very overweight ... it's just in my genes ... but I'm not, and I don't really try to keep the weight off.  Now that doesn't mean I couldn't stand to lose a few pounds, because I could ... definitely!  But, I am content with my shape ... I have curves, real, honest to goodness curves and I love them.

So here is my tribute to my curves ...





Now, one thing you can't see in this image is that the 'light, foggy stuff' is actually a metallic gold and it looks great in person.  You'll be able to see it better in another pic down below.  For the dress form shape, I cut it from the 'Forever Young' cartridge using my Cricut Expression, and used it as a mask.




 The patterned papers are all from My Mind's Eye, and the ribbon is from Fancy Pants Designs.




I think you can get a sense of the metallic paint on this picture.  I really hate that you can't see it that well, because it is really pretty!

So, there you have it ... my 2nd art journal page using my Gelli Arts plate ... Blessings,









Products:

  • Paints are all Anita's All Purpose Acrylic Craft Paint
  • Patterned Papers are all My Mind's Eye
  • Ribbon - Fancy Pants Designs
  • White Card Stock - Georgia Pacific 110# (WalMart)
  • Brown Ink - Stampabilities (Hobby Lobby)
  • Gelli Arts Gelli Plate
  • Cricut Expression and 'Forever Young' Cartridge
  • Micron Pen .05 Black

1 comment:

Val said...

Love Love love it!