Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/17/2013

Sleeping Under The Stars .... Art Journal Page

Hello!  Back again with another art journal page that I made using my Gelli Arts - Gel Printing Plate for the background.  This background is special, because I experimented a bit and LOVED how it came out!  Before I put the paper on the plate, after rolling on the last coat of paint, I used a water mister with a very fine mist and sprayed just a couple of mists of water onto the gelli plate from about 18 inches above.  What I got was a beautiful sky full of  'stars' that was perfect for this page.

Another reason this page is special is because of a cute gift a sweet friend, Karen, gave me for my upcoming birthday.  Karen works on Thursday mornings at Altered Angel, the local scrapbooking store that I spend most of my Thursdays at playing with my friends.  And  last week she gave me a sweet little gift that, while it wasn't a very expensive gift, the thought she put behind it was the real gift!  It was a little bag of car air fresheners (with a lovely lemon scent) that were in the shape and design of a vintage camper.  She knows I love campers, especially vintage ones, and that is why the gift was so special!

Anyway, as soon as I opened the package I just KNEW that I had to make an art journal page inspired by the cute camper air fresheners.  Here is the art journal page I made ...



Isn't it the cutest thing???  I really just traced the air freshener onto white card stock and then 'built' the details on top of that.  The papers are all My Minds Eye, except the card stock which is Georgia Pacific for the base, and Bazzill Basics, the yellow and orange of the door.




Can you see the 'stars'?  They look much better up close, but you can see how cool the effect is!  I really love the bits of color you get from 'past prints' such as the gold metallic and touches of red.  Using the gelli plate is just plain addictive!



I used a few of the new Christy Tomlinson rub-ons ... the diamond pattern across the center of the camper, the little loopy flowers just along the bottom of the door, and the half circle in the center of the tire.  The outlining was all done with a Prisma Color marker, and the hand written journaling was done with a Micron pen.  The quote says ...

"Whoever said that sleeping under the stars meant you can't do it in a cozy, warm, dry camper?"

My sentiments exactly!

So, tell me what you think!  Do you like this page, hate it, think my outlining and handwriting skills are really bad ... and yes, I am aware of that ... or even have a question ... please let me know!

Have a great one!  Blessings,


1 comment:

Val said...

I LOVE it! This is the neatest thing ever!