Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

7/30/2008

Two New Cards To Share

I have two new cards to share. First is for a challenge on Scrapbook.com's August Card Challenge. I'm entering it in two categories, sketch and product - ribbon. Here is a link to the August Card Challenge >>> http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1473125/ . And here is my take on that sketch >>>


I used bright yellow cardstock from the Bazzill 'Rainbow' collection, as well as Bazzill black cardstock. The image is from a software called 'Colored Impressions' by Lasting Impressions for Paper, Inc. I love this software because most of their images look like stamps, and you can re-size them or change the colors.


The red polka dot ribbon is so old, I can't imagine where I got it, lol! The black gingham ribbon is Ribbon Trends by The Paper Studio, and the ric-rack is vintage, and came from a local shop called Grosgrain Annie's.



The rub-on is from Melissa Frances - Vintage Rub On Transfers - Inspiration. I just LOVE her rub-ons! They adhere so easily, and the frosted plastic they are on shows exactly when the rub-on is released from it and stuck on the paper. Just a great product!

The second card, I actually made for the 2 Sketches 4 You challenge, but chose not to enter it, and made another one instead. It's cute enough, but it just didn't feel right. But I will share it with you!


The paisley paper is from an old Wild Asparagus stack, the black cardstock is Bazzill, I think the blue paper is The Paper Studio, but I could be wrong, and the plaid paper is American Crafts.

The pretty red ribbon is ribbonFX from Hobby Lobby. The buton is from a grab bag bought from Buttons Galore.

Once again, the rub-on is from Melissa Frances - Vintage Rub On Transfers - Inspiration.




Well, that's it for now, and I've promised hubby a home cooked meal for dinner, so I guess I had better get in the kitchen. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about these cards, and come back for another visit soon! Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well this is great i love the cards and really love the tree door hanger, your bow's are beautiful. keep up the great and beautiful work, it is so inspiring at least to me.
scrappy grandma