Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

7/31/2008

CPS #75 Entry - My First Entry

For some reason, CPS (Card Positioning Systems) challenge has intimidated me for some time, but I finally decided it was time to enter it. The sketch this week was interesting, and took me a while to figure out what to do, but I remembered this sheet of Sassafras Lass paper in my drawer, and decided to see what I could do. I think the end result is an awfully bright and cheerful card! What do you think???





The base is Bazzill washboard cardstock in a deep buttery yellow. The next layer is the Sassafras Lass double sided paper 'Life is Beautiful - Pocket Full of Rosies'.




The flower in center is the reverse side of that paper. I drew a petal shape freehand, traced it out 8 times, cut them, glued them to some pretty blue Bazzill cardstock, and glued them to the yellow layer.





The border on the right hand side is simply the sweet scallopped border they put on the label edge of their paper - how cool is that!!!


And the cute [hello] rub-on is from Scenic Route, Sentiments Set 2. I really enjoy these rub-ons, too!


Well, thanks for looking at my latest card, and don't forget to come back to Camellia Cottage for another visit really soon! Blessings, Becky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you decided to play with a CPS sketch! LOVING your card!

Anonymous said...

I think your card is lovely! I have that same paper - bought it because it was beautiful - but haven't had a clue what to do with it. You did a wonderful job!

Charity Hassel said...

yay! so glad you started playing along at cps because your card is fabulous! now you can't be a stranger - we wanna see more of your cards!