Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/03/2008

A Day With People!

Happy Sunday! Yesterday was a fun day for me, because I spent a huge chunk of it with a nice bunch of ladies at my local scrapbooking store. EMI Scrapbooking (you can find a link to their blog in the list to your left) has an all day crop most Saturdays, and I was fortunate enough to join them this week. They are a bunch of fun, sweet ladies, and I had a great time. Most of my days are spent at home alone until hubby gets home from work, so it was very nice to spend the day with people who share my interest in papercrafting.

While there, I made two cards and one mini layout on a tag. All three were for challenges on Scrapbook.com, my online home away from home! Here's the mini layout tag >>>


The challenge was to make a tag that was actually a mini-layout. As I was getting ready to go to the scrapping session, I happened upon this picture of my husband from when he was 10 - 12 years old. I knew immediately that I wanted to use it on the mini-layout. The base is Bazzill orange peel textured cardstock. The red cardstock is also Bazzill.


I used the Heidi Swapp clock clear stamp, the quote card is from Fancy Pants 'Papa Card Set' and the crown is from 'foof-a-la' Indian Summer Chipboard Panels & Icons. I lifted the crown on some foam squares, and inked the edges lightly with a copper colored ink. The lace is just some old lace, and I thought it added the perfect touch for the quote "True Strength is Delicate". I thought this was perfect for my husband because he isn't a very macho kind of guy, but he's a very strong person.

The first card is called "Delight", and is for the color challenge category on Scrapbook.com's August Card Challenge. The twist this month was to use complimentary colors, and the pink and green fall into that category.




The cardstock is a pearlized green from Bazzill, the pink paper is from an old Anna Griffin kit I bought ages ago. The journaling page is from a Making Memories 'noteworthy' spiral journaling notebook. The butterfly is from the 'foof-a-la' Indian Summer Chipboard Panels and Icons, and I gave the edges some bling with Sulyn Industries 'opal' glitter glue.





The delight transparency is actually from the packaging for my Heidi Swapp 'delight' stamp! Thanks to Irene Tan who gave me this idea. You can find a link to her blog "Scrapperlicious" in the links to your left. When I transferred my clear stamps to cd cases, I kept the acrylic sheets the stamps were on, and they are great for using on cards. I simply cut out the 'delight' and affixed it to the card with two black eyelets.


I must admit that, while I love all the different elements of this card - I'm not 100 percent in love with the finished product. Somehow it looks flat and un-interesting, but that's okay, I'm learning from my mistakes!




And the last card is also for the color category in the August Card Challenge. I love the cheery blue and orange of this card! The red-orange paper is Bazzill cardstock, the patterned paper is from Fancy Pants 'Celebrate' line of papers. The narrow strip beneath the ric-rack is the back side of the blue flowered paper. The blue flower and the 'You're Special' postage stamp are from the Fancy Pants 'Celebrate' Die Cut selection.



The clear flower is from Heidi Swapp's Ghost Shapes 'gel blosoms'. And the scallopped circle is more of the Bazzill Cardstock, but it was cut and embossed using a Sissix Big Kick machine and a nestabilities die. I am now convinced I must have these - maybe for Christmas, lol!


Well, that's all from me - I'm off to the kitchen to start another good home cooked 'southern home cooking' meal for hubby and me. Take care, and come back soon and visit me at Camellia Cottage!

1 comment:

TesaB said...

I think your "Delight" card is FAR from flat and uninteresting!!! It's oh so beautiful! LOVE that color combination and that green bazzill is stunning (got a shopping itch!). Have a great week1