Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/09/2008

Too late to submit, but not too late to share!

Welcome friends! Well, because of my crazy, busy week last week, I didn't get my 'card and something else' for CPS # 80 finished in time. But that's okay, I'm pleased with how it came out, and wanted to share it with you anyway. The challenge was to choose from one of their previous 79 sketches and make a card from that, and make something else fun to go with it. I chose sketch #40, and here is my take on the sketch.



Products, from base up:
  • Bazzill Cardstock
  • Pink Paislee Vintage Moon Collection - 'Harvest Moon' paper
  • Pink Paislee Vintage Moon Collection - 'Moonrakers' paper
  • Bazzill pearlized cardstock
  • Melissa Frances rub-on
  • Machine Stitching
  • Inking with brown Stampabilities ink
  • Buttons from Buttons Galore and More
  • Hydrangea blossoms from an old arrangement
  • Pearls from old costume jewelery

For the treat bags, I used small, 2 x 3" plastic zipper bags from the craft store to hold the candy corn.



Products for the bag tothe left are the Pink Paislee Vintage Moon Collection 'Harvest Moon' paper, candy corn hand cut and inked using cardstock scraps, and 'a treat for you' printed on my printer, trimmed and inked with brown ink. This topper is stapled onto the goodie bag.

Products for the topper on the right are Pink Paislee Vintage Moon Collection 'Moonpie' paper, cut using the cuttlebug and Spellbinders 'Nestabilities' Classic Circle - Small dies. I folded the circle in half and creased it, then cut holes with a 1/8" hole punch through the paper and plastic. I threaded the holes with brown satin ribbon, tied a bow, and added the 'a treat for you' tag as above.

That's it for now. Thanks for visiting, and please come again soon! Blessings, Becky

No comments: