Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

10/04/2008

At Last . . .

. . . I finally got a card made today! My activities hosting the challenges on Scrapbook.com and visiting all the other blogs and websites having activities today has sorely affected my card making time. But I did get a card done for the 2S4U / Scrapbook News and Review co-sponsored challenge. I used Kazan's Sketch, and followed the theme from the challenge title over on SNR - "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". What do you think???

The base is Bazzill cardstock, and the background is K&Co.'s Holly Vine Printed Embossed paper that I've had for at least a couple of years now. I lightly touched the top of the berries with some diamond Stickles. Luckily I was able to find sheet music for the song "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" on the internet, and printed it onto ivory cardstock, scissor distressed the edges, crinkled and wadded up the paper, then distressed it with brown pigment ink. I tilted the sheet music at a slight angle for a little more interest. The greeting at bottom of the card is actually the title from across the top of the sheet music; I inked it and backed it with dark green cardstock, and popped it on top of some vintage red ric-rack.

For the holly, I cut the leaves out of felt freehand, then machine stitched veins up the center in a couple of different stitches. I also took some pretty red buttons and threaded them with brown embroidery floss and used them for holly berries.


I'm pretty pleased with my efforts, and sure hope everyone over at 2 Sketches 4 You and Scrapbook News and Review enjoy it! Thanks for looking, and blessings to you! Becky

2 comments:

Annette said...

I love this! Love your use of felt as holly and buttons as the berries, great job!

Unknown said...

LOVE the music sheet!! Awesome cards Becky! Hugs Pia