Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

12/28/2009

A Christmas To Remember

We had a wonderful Christmas!  Our Christmas Eve fondue dinner was wonderful, and it was so nice to be sitting in front of a fire in the fireplace, enjoying our tree's glittery lights and a good movie on the TV rather than being out in the messy night right outside our door!  And Christmas Day was wonderful, too.  Hubby and I slept a bit later than usual, got up and exchanged our gifts, then played a bit with our toys before getting ready to head to my Mom's house for our dinner.  My brother and both his sons were there, and as far as I heard, not one word of anger or fussing spewed forth, and that in itself was a Christmas miracle!

And the highlight of the day was my big gift from my hubby.  She's red, and I call her Rosie . . .





Excuse my grammar, but . . . 'Ain't she purty!'

Here she is opened up and in all her glory . . .





There were two cartridges in the box . . .





 . . . and he also gave me this one . . .





 . . . and I bought two as Christmas gifts to me from me!  One is here . . .





 . . . and here is the other one, ready to use . . .








I've been playing a bit, and here are my first few projects . . .











There's a kind of learning curve involved in making cards with the new toy.  I want to learn to merge my way of making cards with the new options that I have using the Cricut.   It's a whole new world of creating, and I'm excited about my card-making future!

I need to go do a few things around the house, so I'll talk to you later!  Blessings folks, Becky

2 comments:

Rleen said...

Aloha Becky,
Sounds like you had fun and wonderful christmas celebration...
WOW! What a cutie and bright your Rosie :) I love all your creations, they all gorgeous. I'm looking forward to see more projects from your Rosie.
Wishing you and your lovely family a bright, healthy and full of blessing new year!
Hugs,
Arlene

Karuna said...

Hey Becky,

Must say ur lucky to have rosie and luckier to have a fabulous hubby to gift u such pretty things!! am sure u had a great Christmas!! Love your projects....I just wish we had some amazing tools like these in India.... :(. But at least can see others work thanks to all the blogging around here :D

cheers
Karuna