Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

12/04/2009

Inspirational Card Sketch # 45

This was another tough one for me to get started on, but when I turned it 1/4 turn to the right, it all came together, and ended up being a very simple card. This sketch is from Inspirational Card Sketches #45

Here is the sketch . . .




. . . and here is my take on the sketch . . .



. . . and a few spotlight pictures . . .









Product List:
Patterned Paper - My Minds Eye 'the merry days of Christmas' - "Santa's Forest"; slightly distressed and inked with brown ink
Ornament Elements:
  • Circle is Bazzill cardstock, cut with a Nesties plain circle cutter and embossed with Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder,
  • Gold top is made from some very old gold foil paper, cut freehand,
  • Small tag from an office supply store, inked with brown ink and heat embossed with Ranger 'Queen's Gold' embossing powder. Small ornament stamp is from Holiday Clear Stamps - Walmart 2008,
  • Gold jingle bell,
  • Brown bakers twine

Velvet ribbon is from One Hundred Wishes

Buttons and scrap of lace are from my stash

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm off to stock up on some food for this 'snowstorm' they are predicting! (I'm laughing here! We just need some food, although we may see a random flake or two tomorrow morning early, but we rarely have a true snowstorm here in Georgia.)

Thanks so much for visiting!!! Becky

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Very pretty card. The embossing makes it look so elegant!

Debs said...

Love what you've done with Dawns sketch,those buttons finish it off a treat. Thanks for joining us at ics this week.
Debs

marley said...

gorgeous card, love the paper, the bulb, the tag... everything about it!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the papers, lace and that gorgeous cb ornament! Thanks for joining us at ICS!