Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

12/05/2009

MojoMonday Week 115 - Sketch Challenge

What a day it's been! About 8 am it was sleeting, by 9 am it was snowing, by 10:30 all precipitation had stopped, and now at 11:30 the sun is shining and the sky is mostly blue! It just goes to prove the old saying about living in Georgia: "If you don't like the weather in Georgia, just wait a minute . . . " meaning, it's sure to change soon! The temps are almost back up to 40 now, but tomorrow morning they are predicting low to mid 20's, so our first hard freeze of the season. All in all, a great time for cozying up in my studio/office with the girls and playing with paper!

I'm finally almost caught up on my challenges, and this one almost slipped through the cracks, but I found my printout of the sketch and got right on it. This is my first time participating in Mojo Monday. Here is the sketch . . .



. . . and here is my take on the sketch . . .





and here are some spotlight pictures . . .











Product List:
Cardstock - Bazzill
Patterned Paper - all are My Minds Eye 'The Merry Days of Christmas':
  • Background - Gingerbread Lane
  • Curvy label and Santa cutout - Old St. Nick
  • Text - Under the Tree

Ink - Stampabilities 'Brown' pigment ink

Faux evergreen and berry from stash

Glitter on evergreen - Stickles 'Icicle'

Glitter on Santa Claus - Sulyn Industries 'Opal' Glitter Glue

Velvet Ribbon - One Hundred Wishes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know, with those low temps on their way, I think tomorrow morning calls for a fire in the fireplace, a cup of hot mulled cider and some fresh, homemade cranberry orange muffins, what do you think???

Thanks for visiting, Becky

No comments: