Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/22/2010

A Wonderful LSS - and a Card!

Hi Folks!  Remember I said I had been out of town for a few days?  Well, on our 3rd day away, my friend and I  drove up from Perdido Key, FL to Foley, Alabama to visit one of her friends.  On the way we stopped at "Gigi's Scrapbookin" there in Foley.  When we pulled up to the store the parking lot was PACKED!  But we went in anyway.  We were greeted with a "Hi, can I help you?" and when I explained I was in heaven and just wanted to look around for a while, she said to go ahead and that they were having their anniversary crop, so please excuse the mess.  Well, it wasn't a mess to me!  As I said before, it was HEAVEN!

The store is 7,000 square feet, packed full of everything scrapbooking, including lots of stamping things and a bunch of pre-made books for every theme you can imagine - all you have to do is add your pictures.  And the cropping area was so nice!  Each person had a space of their own - all very well organized.

And yes, I bought a BUNCH of new papers, including a few of my new favorites from My Minds Eye, Bo Bunny and Websters Pages, plus some Basic Grey, American Crafts, and some others I don't remember right now.  I also got a couple of cute American Crafts ribbon spools, and a cute clear stamp from Imaginisce.  I hope I get to go back down there one day, just so I can go visit the folks at Gigi's.  It was a wonderful store!



Now, on to the card.  I made this for the friend who took me to Florida with her.  The paper is K & Company Tim Coffey "Blue Roses Flat".  I put it on a base of DCWV card stock and used some Stickles 'Star Dust to give it some shine.



The butterflies are made from coquina shells I picked up on the beach while we were there, with the addition of some copper wire antennae.



The sentiment is from a clear stamp, using Versamark ink and Ranger 'Seafoam White' embossing powders.



I hope she enjoys the card, and knows how much I appreciate her asking me to come along on her trip.  Everyone have a great day, and I'll be back soon!  Becky

No comments: