Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/01/2010

Card Patterns Sketch 75

Can you believe it?  Three posts in one day!  Do you ever find that sometimes you are on 'creative overload'?  Well that's been me the last couple of days!  Between Friday night and tonight, I have made about 15 - 16 tags (for sale at local shops) and three cards.  this last card kind of brought me out of my comfort zone, but that's a good thing!  I mean, teal and purple aren't really my normal colors, but they really worked for this card.  The card is for Card Patterns sketch challenge blog, number 75, and here is their sketch . . .




And here is my card based on the sketch . . .




And here are the details . . .

Product Info:



Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • Base of card cut on Cricut, Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Patterned paper cut on Cricut, Walk in My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5", then about 1" cut off of top
  • Image matted on a scrap of green card stock and popped up on foam squares for dimension
As I said above, purple and teal aren't my usual colors, but sometimes it is good to go beyond the norm and try different things.  I hope you have enjoyed this visit!  Blessings, Becky

3 comments:

TesaB said...

What an awesome take on the sketch, Becky! Beautiful vintage image and woooow, love that wrinkled ribbon!

It was way to long since I last visited, and you've makde so much beautiful projects!!! I'll make sure to visit more often!

Lydia said...

What a wonderful card, this would look so fabulous with a real package of seeds, thanks for the inspiration.

K-Sue said...

I really enjoy seeing how you interprett sketches. Sweet card.