Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/20/2010

Easy Craft Projects Challenge #21 - Home

I loved this challenge because we just got home from 9 days away from "home" yesterday and, while I had a great time, it was so good to get back home again!  The challenge is hosted by Easy Craft Projects, and the theme is to make a project with the theme of 'home'.  Here is my take on that challenge . . .




And here are the details . . .

Products:
  • Card stock is Die Cuts With a View
  • Patterned paper is Echo Park, Life is Good 'The Neighborhood'
  • Gems on sentiment are Prima e. Line
  • Gems on flowers on gate are K & Company






Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • Card base was cut on Cricut Expression using the Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Frame shapes for sentiment were cut on Cricut Expression using the Songbird cartridge, frame1-s set at 2 1/4" and the green background was cut using shadow feature, frame1-s set at 2 1/4".  {Note:  I printed the sentiment on my home printer, and cut the frame on the Cricut using the 'center point' feature.  You simply click on the 'center point' button then using the arrow keys around the 'cut' button, move the blade housing to the center of the space you want cut, and then press cut.  It may take a few times to get your spacing just right, but once you do - it's very easy!}
  • The garden gate was cut on Cricut Expression using Freshly Picked cartridge, gate set at 2 1/4".  The green vine and flowers were cut using the layers and layers2/Shadow features.  The grass at the gate posts were cut using flwer6-s set at 1 1/4".
  • The gate was cut from brown card stock, then inked with brown ink and heat embossed using Ranger 'copper' embossing powder.
  • For gluing the tiny pieces of the gate and plants, I used the Zig Memory System '2 Way Glue' chisel tip glue pen

I sure hope you have enjoyed visiting my 'home' today!  Come back soon to see what is going on at Camellia Cottage!  Blessings, Becky



~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the crisp clean lines, and the simplicity.

Unknown said...

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving me with thoughts I'll never forget. I love to think that my parents now watch over me through God's eyes. What a wonderful and inspiring blog you have! I have been enjoying scrolling through previous pages to admire all of the design ideas. Sigh, a Cricket is definitely on my Christmas list this year! Inspiration to be found here! Elizabeth

Jessica Theodore said...

I love the sweet colours you have used here, what a pretty card! Thanks for playing along at ECP xx