Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/18/2010

Unscripted Sketches Challenge # 73

Hello everyone!  Thanks for visiting this very special day!  It's my first week as a member of the Unscripted Sketches Design Team!!!  I am unbelievably excited and grateful to be given this opportunity, and hope I do the other DT members proud.  As usual there is a sketch challenge, but this week there is also a 'piggyback' challenge to use only one color!  Black and white are neutrals, so the card needs to be black and white plus one color, and I chose pink.  Here is the sketch for this week . . .




And here is my card based on the sketch . . .




Product Info:
  • Pink patterned paper is Bo Bunny, Alissa line 'Alissa Kissable'
  • Black and white polka-dotted paper is Websters Pages, Life's Portrait 'Reflections'
  • Small pearls and gems are from Prima e. Line
  • Large gem, fabric and lace for flower,and stick pin are from my stash






Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • White tag was cut from a scrap of white card stock on my Cricut Expression, Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge using scltop-h set at 2 1/4".  The sentiment was stamped using an Inkadinkadoo Brenda Walton stamp with black ink, and heat embossed using Ranger black embossing powder.
  • The flower was made using a circle of felt as the base, and an approximately 1 1/2" strip of torn fabric.  Using FabriTac glue, you start at the center and twist and turn the fabric, gluing along the way.  When you are finished you tuck the end underneath the felt and glue it.  Then I gathered a bit of lace with needle and thread and glued it to the bottom of the felt.
  • For the stickpin, I used a green quilters pin and inked it with black ink and heat set it with a heat gun.  Then I inked it again with black ink and dipped it into black embossing powder and embossed it with my heat gun.  Once it had cooled, I added a clear heart bead and a jet black bead, which I glued to the pin shaft.  I used this to pin the sentiment tag to the flower.
I really hope you find inspiration from my take on this week's sketch.  It was a lot of fun to make, made even more so because of it being my first card as a member of the Unscripted Sketches Design Team. 

Blessings!  Becky


~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the flower! So nice to be working with you on the US design team!
Hugs!
Steph

Lelia Pierce said...

Absolutely beautiful, Becky! I love the flower...very creative!

XXX

Marcy said...

Gorgeous card! The colors are beautiufl and that flower is just awesome! Hugs, Marcy