Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

10/19/2010

A Couple of Cards . . . and Some Goodies!

So sorry my posts have been few and far between, but Mama had her 2nd cataract surgery yesterday, and is doing very well, so I took her home - to her home - today, and hopefully things will get back to normal soon..

A little news, which I am so very excited about, is that on Saturday I had a booth at a shop a few miles from here (outside in the sunshine!) and didn't sell a thing, but before I left, I got a part time job working at the shop!  It will only be one day or so per week, and it's not much money, but I'm really looking forward to working with my new boss, Tina!  The shop is called Georgia Mountain Candle Company, and she sells some of the most wonderful candles, as well as accessories like purses, hair bows, etc., AND takes home decor and furniture items on consignment.  Ms. Tina is one busy lady!  If you want to learn more about her candles, and maybe even try one out, you can check out her website by clicking on the picture in my left hand column.

Another cool bit of news is that "I WON!"  A couple of weeks ago I was checking out my news on Facebook, (and no, I'm not sharing my personal facebook ID!) and saw a post from Little Yellow Bicycle about some winners.  Well, I hadn't signed up for any giveaways on there, but decided to see if there were any familiar names on the list of winners.  And yep, sure enough, there was my name!  It was a giveaway for their fans on FB, and they had drawn 10 random names from their fans, and I was one of the ten - and I didn't have to leave a comment or anything!  Isn't that cool!



The prize is a Christmas Card Making Kit with all the stuff to make 8 cards, including the cards, envelopes, borders, glitter stickers, self adhesive glitter chipboard, etc.  I love the designs - they are very cute!





I have made one card from the kit, but just haven't had time to make more than that this week.  Those Little Yellow Bicycle products are really great!

So, enough with the news, let me show you a couple of cards!  First is a Christmas card . . .



Products Used:
  • Card stock is Die Cuts With a View
  • Patterned Paper - Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather "Deck the Hollies" and "Woolens"
  • Stickles Platinum
  • Ribbon from $1 bin at Michaels - bought ages ago
  • Brown ink is Stampabilities
Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • Card base cut on Cricut Expression using Walk In My Garden cartridge, Card 2 set at 5"
  • Two labels (patterned paper) cut on Cricut Expression using Songbird cartridge, frame2-s, set at 3 1/4"
And the next card - Thanks . . .




Products Used:
  • Base cardstock is Die Cuts With a View
  • Patterned papers are Cosmo Cricket Togetherness "All A Flutter" and "Making Plans", reverse sides of both!
  • Brown Ink is Stampabilities
  • Lace, button, twine and ric-rack from my stash
  • 'Thanks" rub-on is from KaiserCraft 'Occasions'

Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • Base of card was cut on Cricut Expression using Walk In My Garden, Card2 set at 5"
  • Green checked paper was cut on Cricut Expression using Walk in My Garden, Card1 set at 4 3/4"
  • Circles for flower (see further instructions below) cut on Cricut Expression using Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, circle, set at 1 3/4", 2", 2 1/4", 2 1/2", 2 3/4" and 3".
  • Stitching was done on my sewing machine
  • Flower instructins:  Take a bowl of warm water and dip the circles in the warm water just for a few seconds, then squeeze them tightly to get out as much water as possible and encourage 'wrinkles'.  Open up the circles and place them on a paper towel in the microwave and heat them at about 20 seconds.  The smaller ones will be dry, but larger ones may still be damp in the center.   Remove the dry ones and ontinue heating remainder in 10 - 15 second increments until they are all dry.  Ink the edges of each circle.  Using a craft knife or hole punch, make hole in the center of each circle and then put a brad through the holes to hold the bloom together.  I glued the button onto the brad.
The flower was a very easy project, and didn't take very long to make, but it makes a big impact on the card.

I hope you enjoyed these cards!  If you haven't already, please visit my previous post and leave a comment for my BCAM blog candy, as part of the Unscripted Sketches Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) Blog Hop.  I will choose a winner some time this weekend.

Have a great rest of the week!  Becky

1 comment:

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

love your creations! thanks for visiting me!