Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

11/06/2010

Unscripted Sketches # 80 - Victorian Lady

Welcome to Sketch It Saturday!  This week's sketch, number 80, was so simple it was a challenge for me, and I know that doesn't make a bit of sense, but with my 'more is more' tendencies, some times the simpler sketches are harder for me.  Here is this week's sketch . . .



 . . . and here is my take on the sketch . . .




 First, I need to tell you, this card was made from bits and pieces, and I don't have a lot of info, but I'll tell  you what I know!

  • The base card stock is Bazzill Basics, cut using Cricut Expression, Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5". 
  • The paisley paper is from a very old My Minds Eye 'Wild Asparagus' stack,  cut using Cricut Expression, Walk In My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5". 
  • The script paper was a scrap and had no identifying info left on it, but I'm thinking it may be Making Memories.  Don't hold me to that, though!
  • The image was a file sent to me by my friend Linda in NY, and I have no idea of it's origins.  I just know I love it!  I touched up the flowers on the hat with a bit of Stickles 'diamond'.  The blue card stock behind the image was another scrap of paper from my 'bits and pieces' drawer.
  • The flowers were from a 'grab bag' I ordered from Ebay ages ago, but I think they are either Prima or Hero Arts.
  • The gems are Prima e Line.
Here are more detailed pictures . . . 








Now, I'm off for a day of junking and flea market treasure hunting with my friend, Phyllis.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Blessings, Becky!

No comments: