Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

11/09/2010

I've Been Busy!

Hello, and welcome back to Camellia Cottage!  I know I haven't been around much lately, but that's because all of a sudden things have gotten very busy around here!  I had expected a calm November, but then early last week my friend Sue called and asked if I would like to share a booth with her at a Christmas Craft show in a town northwest of here.  And of course I said YES!  But then I got to thinking it was a Christmas show, and I had very few Christmasy things made, so I had to get busy

I have added a slide show below with pics of many of the things I've been making, but I wanted to share/showcase one of them with you on it's own!  Not too long ago I found Elizabeth's blog called "Creative Breathing", and she is one incredible artist/crafter extraordinaire'!  Anyway, she had some of these 'Peppermint Twist Snowflakes' that she had made.  She told where she got the tutorial, but apparently that blogger no longer has it online, so I just tried making one on my own.  Isn't this the cutest thing???




I had one pack of 14 peppermint twist pipe cleaners, and already had the turquoise and white yoyo's in my stash.  The yoyo's needed something, so I gathered small strips of red and white gingham and topped it with a vintage white button.  The one pack of pipe cleaners made 4 snowflakes, with 2 pipe cleaners left over, which I cut into half and shaped into hangers for the ornaments.  I think they are adorable!



I hope to get by Hobby Lobby soon and get some more of the pipe cleaners so I can make more of these for the craft show.

Enjoy the slide show below.  You can stop each picture and see a description below it by moving your mouse pointer over the picture.  Right now I'm off to finish reorganizing my craft room.  I got a lot done yesterday, but there is still a good bit left to do, and it isn't easy when there is zero reorganizing budget!  I'm getting pretty good at finding unique ways of storing supplies!.  Wish me luck!  Becky







3 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Great Christmas tags!!!
Deb :)

Unknown said...

Oh Becky! I have had such watching your Christmas crafts "slide" by as I munch on pizza dinner! Everything is wonderful, I especially like the snowman tags. Snowflakes cute as can be all curly on the ends. Please be sure and give credit to Jenny of Allsorts, not me for these. The best of luck in your show! Elizabeth

Marcy said...

I love your Christmas slide show. Awesome! I left you a gift on my blog, please stop by and pick it up. Hugs, Marcy http://theardentscrapper.blogspot.com/2010/11/dollar-digis.html