And here is my project based on the sketch . . .
And here is all the info . . .
- All patterned papers were from the Basic Grey 'Eskimo Kisses" line - Snow Globe, Reindeer Games, Powdered Sugar and Peppermint Twist
- Seam binding ribbon from Bluebird Lane on Etsy
- Stickles, Crystal
- Seed beads, snowflakes and lace from my stash
- Adhesives - Glue Arts 'Glue Glider Pro' with Perma Tac adhesive, and Fabri-Tac by Beacon
Tips, Tools and Techniques:
- Tools - rotary cutter, scissors, ruler! Measure each section of the cd case well! I started by cutting a pattern for each part, and making sure they fit. This was a time consuming project, but it was not hard to do! Once you get the pattern ready, you could make bunches of these in no time!
- Paper Pleating - Trial and Error! Trust me! But I like the way it looks!
- Paper Flower - cut 5 different sized circles using Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circles Small and Classic Scalloped Circles Small, alternating scalloped, plain, scalloped, etc. Ink with coordinating color ink around edges. Dip each circle in warm water, just a DIP, and crinkle and squeeze excess water out gently. Open up and place on a paper towel. Heat in microwave for about 20 seconds. Remove and turnover each piece and zap for another 15 - 20 seconds, repeating until they are dry. Using your favorite glue, stack the circles, gluing between each one. Embellish outer edges of each circle with Stickles. Glue assorted seed beads to center.
Somehow I managed to not get a picture of the verse, but on the inside, left side I stamped a Christmas verse and matted it in coordinating card stock.
As I said before, once you get your pattern cut, these are a breeze to make! Thanks for visiting, have a great Unscripted weekend! Becky