So of course I had to come home and make a card, and this is what I came up with . . .
And here are all the details . . .
- Base card stock is Die Cuts With a View Citrus Stack (card stock)
- Patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket, Double Deck Stack, Garden Variety
- Image is from a 12" x 12" sheet by Flair Designs called 'Farmers Market'. It is 2 each of 6 'labels' with a vintage feel. (bought at a LSS in southern Alabama on a trip a while back)
- Flowers are from Hero Arts
- Gem is from Prima e. Line
- Stickles 'platinum'
- Thank You rub-on from Kaiser Craft
- Vintage button from my stash
- Twill binding from a tiny independent fabric store about 45 minutes from here. It's out in the middle of nowhere, owned by an older man and his daughter, and full of older items (not vintage or antique old), including great laces and trims for about 50 - 75 cents per yard! I love Millers Fabric!!!
Tips, Tools, Techniques:
- Card base cut using Cricut Expression, Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
- Patterned paper cut using Cricut Expression, Walk in My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5"
- Round tag cut using Cricut Expression, Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, round tag cut at 1 1/2". Rubon was applied and tied onto twill bow using cotton twine.
- Image backed on scrap of cardstock and stitched on machine.
- Stickles applied to word 'Mom's' for accent.
And that is that! I love the way these 'labels' from the Flair Designs paper goes with the organic feel of the Cosmo Cricket papers.
Speaking of Cosmo Cricket (and Websters Pages, Bo Bunny, Unity Stamps, Moxie Fab World, and . . . ) did you know that you can find ALL of these manufacturers and magazines and blogs on Facebook? In the last 4-6 weeks I've won two kits from Little Yellow Bicycle (LYB), a bunch of goodies from GlueArts (love my new Glue Glider Pro!), Hollywood Vogue papers from Websters Pages, and got free ribbon from May Arts for a project for a contest they are having.
And these companies are having contests all the time! Echo Park even has 'call in' contests! The first kit I won from LYB was just because I was a fan of theirs, and I didn't have to do a thing! As a matter of fact I almost didn't read that post, because I hadn't entered anything. Big surprise as I read on and saw my name! And most of these companies are telling about their new product releases, and all kinds of good stuff! If you aren't on Facebook yet, what are you waiting for??? Get out there and 'LIKE' your favorite companies and see what you've been missing! (And no, I'm not going to tell you my name on Facebook . . . nope, uh-uh, ain't gonna happen!)
But the best part of following these folks on Facebook is the feeling of connectedness (is that a word?) and having the latest news as it happens. It's a lot of fun!
So, that's it from here . . . what have you been up to lately!