But this weather is perfect for playing in my studio, and my friend Phyllis has been a bit under the weather lately, so I thought I would make her a card, and work in the challenge from Little Red Wagon this week. Their challenge is to make a project using a die cut, and I decided to make the card itself from a diecut using my newest Cricut cartridge. Here is my card . . .
And here is all the info . . .
- Base card stock is Die Cuts With a View Pastels stack
- Image is from clipart software
- Stickles 'Diamond'
- Gems are from K&Company, Brenda Walton, Small Wonders - Girl
- French seam binding is from Bluebird Lane Etsy shop
Tips, Tools and Techniques:
- Card was cut using Cricut Expression and the "A Child's Year" cartridge,
, card feature set at 5 inches. Stickles Diamond was added to outer edge of card.
- Image was printed, trimmed and matted with a scrap of pink card stock. Stickles 'Diamond' was added to the flowers, edges of the water, and the pink bow in the girls hair.
- French seam binding was threaded through the holes in the card and a bow tied just above center, and then again just right of center on the lower edge of card.
- Self Adhesive gems were added to points on the card.
I really love this new cartridge, and would not have gotten it if it weren't for the wonderful 'digital handbook' feature on the Cricut website. When you look up a cartridge, right on the details page there is a link to a digital handbook. You can scroll through the pages and get much more information than you can get from just looking at the images from the back of the box.
I hope you've enjoyed this card, and would love for you to come back and check in again - in a couple of days I will be having a wonderful giveaway - on both of my blogs - sponsored by CSN stores! Merry Christmas everyone! Becky