But sharing my new Christmas philosophy is not why I am here! Nope, not at all! I am here to share one project for two challenges! First is my Design Team project based on Sarah Kaye's sketch this week over at Unscripted Sketches. And second is for the theme of "Let It Snow" over at the City Crafters Challenge Blog. Here is the sketch from Unscripted Sketches . . .
And here is my project based on the sketch . . .
And here is all the info:
- Card Base is Bazzill 'burlap' texture card stock
- Patterned papers are My Minds Eye, Be Merry, "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and "Trim the Tree"
- Image is from clipart software
- Glitter is Sulyn 'crystal' glitter
- Stickles 'Platinum' and 'Crystal'
- Lace and snowflake are from my stash. Snowflake was part of a garland from Dollar Tree
- Brown ink is from Stampabilities
Tips, Tools and Techniques:
- Cut card stock to size of a 5x7 card, then inked the edges in brown ink, added glue and glitter to the four edges. Allow to dry.
- Cut text paper to size and inked edges. Adhered (Glue Glider Pro - PermaTac) to card base
- Cut strip of patterned paper approximately 1 1/2" x 12" and inked edges, then accordion folded and inked folds with brown ink. Adhered to text paper..
- Adhered lace to card base.
- Printed image to size, inked edges with brown ink, matted with scrap of green card stock, embellished houses, bushes and trees with touches of Stickles 'Crystal'.. Allowed to dry, then adhered to card base using foam squares.
- Took plastic snowflake, coated liberally with Stickles 'Platinum', then added 'Crystal' glitter heavily. Allowed to dry. Adhered to card base.
Thank you for visiting today! I am off to work on trying to tame my very, VERY unruly stash of ribbons, laces and trims! Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish that task? I have very few on the original spools, so I need some effective way of storing them. I'd appreciate any ideas you may have! Have a great weekend! Becky