Well, the craft show season - for me at least - is over until next year, and am I ever glad! The last few weeks have been particularly busy, with all my work making Christmasy items for the Christmas Craft Show, and with Thanksgiving just one week before the show. But the show was a fair success, I've had a day to recover, and happily made the time for a couple of challenges before I start putting up my tree and wrapping gifts.
I chose to double up on challenges simply because they worked perfectly together! Tuesday Taggers asked for a project with Santa Claus, and Little Red Wagon assigned a gift bag and/or gift tag. I made TONS of tags for the craft show, so with all my practice of late, making a project for these challenges was a breeze! Here is my Santa tag . . .
And here is all the info . . .
- Tag base is a #5 manila tag (4 3/4" x 2 3/8")
- Ribbon, tassel, ribbon bow, eyelet lace and strip of gingham fabric is from my stash
- Frame is Tattered Angels Glimmer Chips Framed Fonts
- Patterned paper (pleated at top) is from a Die Cuts With a View "Prints For The Year" Ultimate Stack
- Stickles 'Platinum'
- Stampabilities Brown ink
- Red and Green pigment ink - very old, no markings on pad
- Image is from a file of Santa images purchased from Etsy vendor Magisplace
Tips, Tools and Techniques:
- Inked all edges of tag with brown ink
- Cut strip of patterned paper approximately 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" and inked all edges with brown ink.
- Pleated by hand - no measuring, just folding, then inked creases with brown ink. Using Glue Glider Pro and permanent adhesive, attached pleated paper to top of tag, leaving space for the hole at top.
- Tore strip of red and white gingham fabric and wrapped around tag, tying a knot on front.
- Cut green satin ribbon and wrapped it around tag several times, tying in a bow on front.
- Using red and green pigment ink pads, lightly inked around frame so color would be somewhat evenly dispersed.
- Edged both inside and outside edges of frame with Stickles 'Platinum'
- When Stickles was dry, trimmed clipart and glued to back of frame, then glued eyelet lace to back of frame.
- Glued decorated frame onto tag, then glued red ribbon bow to bottom of frame.
- Attached ribbon and tassel to hole at top of tag.
And that is it! A very fun project, and a gift tag so pretty that you don't even need a bow on the package! I hope you've enjoyed your visit today, please come back soon! Blessings, Becky
PS! And be sure to come back soon as I have a wonderful giveaway coming up that includes a CSN Stores gift certificate AND some of my hand made Christmas goodies (crafts) left over from the craft show!