Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

12/18/2010

Unscripted Sketches # 86 - Sketch + Piggyback Challenge

Welcome friends!  It is once again time for Sketch it Saturday over at the Unscripted Sketches Challenge blog, and this month we have a doozie of a sketch, plus an extra added 'piggyback challenge'.  Here is this week's sketch . . .


SK sketch 55 US sketch 86.jpg


And the piggy back challenge is to use no patterned paper!  Now there are lots of ways you can do that, but as a Design Team member I've had this sketch for weeks, and have not been able to think of any of them!  So in desperation, here is what I came up with . . . 




As you can tell, it is a loose interpretation of the sketch; and that is exactly what we mean by unscripted, so that is cool!  As long as you can see the sketch some way in the project, it's all good!  So allow me to be the first to wish you a Happy New Year!!!

Here is all the info . . .

Product Info:

  • All cardstock is Die Cuts With a View
  • Stickles 'diamond' and 'icicles'
 




Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • Card base cut using Cricut Expression, Walk in my Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Smaller square cut using Cricut Expression, Walk in my Garden cartridge, card 1 set at 4 3/4"
  • Starbursts cut using  cut using Cricut Expression, Preserves cartridge, Mango2, Lid feature, set at 1 1/2".
  • Numbers cut using Cricut Expresion, Simply Sweet cartridge, set at 1"
  • Paper rosette made of black cardstock cut into a 1" x 12" strip, scored and accordion folded at about every 1/4".  Sentiment was printed on ink jet printer and cut using Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circles Small die.

And that was my card!  Please don't let this sketch or the no patterned paper challenge scare you off!  We would love to see what you can come up with based on this challenge!  Come back soon!  Becky

No comments: