Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

3/05/2011

Unscripted Sketches # 96 . . . With Sympathy . . .

Welcome once again to Sketch It Saturday, our weekly sketch challenge at Unscripted Sketches!  Before I show you the sketch and my project I want to share some big news with you! 




On April 2nd we will be celebrating both our second blogiversary, AND our 100th sketch!  We will be having a fun blog hop and some fun prizes and a few RAKs from Design Team members, so please mark your calendars for April 2nd and the week following - we're going to have some fun!  Feel free to put the button above on your blog and link it to US to spread the word!  Also, there's another big announcement coming in a few days, so check our blog regularly to see what's up!

Now, here is our sketch for this week . . .



And here is my take on the sketch . . .




One of my hubby's coworkers had a death in the family and he wanted a sympathy card.  This one just flowed from my fingertips with the help of this week's sketch!  Here are the details . . .

Product Info:
  • Base cardstock is from The Paper Studio Textured Cardstock Stack 'Dark'
  • Remaining cardstock is mostly DCWV, but they were just little bits so I'm not sure
  • Patterned papers are both from a K&Company Designer Mat Pad - Roam
  • Lace (new and vintage), vinttage button, bakers twine, and sunflower are from my stash
  • Image was printed from a clipart software on my ink jet printer







Tips, Tools and Techniques:

Cricut Expression:
  • Base of card was cut using Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5 inches
Other:
  • Image was matted with two cardstocks, a coordinating gray and yellow
  • Heart lace was glued to the underside of the triangle, then it was bumped up on foam dots for dimension
  • Interior of card was finished using more of the K&Company paper and matted with a scrap of a different color of brown cardstock.  Quote was found online, verse is my own.
And that is it!  I am really happy with this card, and it will be in the mail tomorrow to my hubby's coworker and his family.  It's odd, because once in a while you make a card you want to hang onto and this is one of those for me.  But it has a mission, and a purpose, and out it must go!

Thanks for visiting me today!  And please don't forget to check in on the US blog regularly to see what we are up to next!  Wishing you many little gifts today, and don't forget to Be Joyful Always!  Becky

No comments: