Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

3/12/2011

Unscripted Sketches # 97 - A Card for Phyllis

Welcome to Sketch It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches!  We are on the countdown to our celebration of our 100th sketch AND our 2nd anniversary.  Please join us on April 2nd when we are going to have some fun happenings to celebrate! 



Sketch # 97 . . .


 . . . proved a bit tricky for me, because I couldn't find an image I liked to use - after I lost my computer to the virus and got a new one, my old clipart software that I used the most won't load on the new computer, so I've been kind of bummed about that.  But then I started playing with my new favorite paper stack . . . 'cut n paste' by K&Company, and came up with this card . . .



The cut n paste stack has collage sheets of heavy paper that you can use whole or, as the name implies, cut and paste!  The patterned papers, butterflies and definitions are all from one sheet of paper.  The words laughter, memories and sunshine on the right side are printed on the paper.  I'm really enjoying this new stack!  Here are the details . . .

Product Info:
  • Base card stock is DCWV
  • Patterned paper, butterflies, definitions are all from K&Company's 'cut n paste' stack
  • Stickles 'platinum'
  • Gems are Prima eline
  • Stamp is from Inkadinkadoo Brenda Walton Sentiments








Tips, Tools and Techniques:

Cricut Expression Info:
  • Base of card was cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Patterned paper cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5"

Other:
  • Butterflies, definitions, yellow rectangle at top, and beige square under the definitions were cut by hand and edged with brown ink.
  • Two definitions were popped up on foam squares.
As you can see, once I decided what paper I wanted to use, the card was pretty easy to put together.  And I hope my friend, Phyllis likes it, because her birthday was Monday, and I'll be seeing her today to give it to her.  Thanks for visiting today, now please won't you pop on over to the Unscripted Sketches website and check out all the other projects by our incredible design team members! 

See you soon, Be Joyful Always!  Becky


No comments: