Our big 2 year anniversary and 100th sketch blogiversary celebration. Are YOU going to join us? I sure hope so, because there will be lots of fun and some cool prizes up for grabs!
But this week is sketch # 98 plus our monthly 'piggyback' challenge, and the color thing is what threw me for a loop, at least until I'd picked out my papers and things and still couldn't make the sketch work. Here's the sketch . . .
. . . and here are the piggyback colors . . .
So finally I flipped the sketch 180 degrees, and that worked much better for me. Here is my card . . .
And I think it came out pretty cool. Here are all of the details . . .
- Base cardstock is The Paper Studio Textured Cardstock stack - Brights
- Other cardstocks are either from The Paper Studio or DCWV
- Patterned paper is from My Minds Eye; So Sophie; "Brothers and Sisters" Gracious Greenery
- Stickles 'Stardust'
- Gems are Prima eLine except the tiny green birds eye, and it is K&Company
Tips, Tools and Techniques:
- Card base was cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5 inches
- Patterned paper was cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5 inches
- The word 'happy' was cut using A Child's Year cartridge, Toys2-s using Font feature set at 1 1/4 inches
- The birds were cut from Songbird cartridge: B was cut using b-shift using Bird feature, set at 2 inches; E was cut using e-shift using Bird feature also set at 2 inches
- Cardstock rectangles cut by hand
- Stickles were applied on the outside of the letter B and inside the letter E
And that was that! And I think it looks pretty cute, although I have to admit it is not one of my favorite cards.
Are you going to apply for our Design Team? If you love making cards, layouts, altered items, fabric crafts - any of those - you really should! I have been on the team about six months now, and I will be the first to tell you that sometimes the sketches are a real challenge, but they make me think outside the box, and outside my comfort zone, and I believe I have learned a lot from these challenges. We are a very laid back team, no drama, and SarahKaye (our fearless leader) is just the sweetest thing! If you have ever wanted to try for a design team, this is THE one to go for!
Okay, that's it for me. As you are reading this I am most likely in a kayak in the lake at beautiful Richard B. Russell State Park! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, too! Blessings, and Be Joyful Always, Becky