Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

3/19/2011

Unscripted Sketches #98 Plus a Piggyback Challenge

Wow, we are at sketch # 98 and only two weeks away from . . .


Our big 2 year anniversary and 100th sketch blogiversary celebration.  Are YOU going to join us?  I sure hope so, because there will be lots of fun and some cool prizes up for grabs!

But this week is sketch # 98 plus our monthly 'piggyback' challenge, and the color thing is what threw me for a loop, at least until I'd picked out my papers and things and still couldn't make the sketch work.  Here's the sketch . . .


 . . . and here are the piggyback colors . . .



So finally I flipped the sketch 180 degrees, and that worked much better for me.  Here is my card . . .



And I think it came out pretty cool.  Here are all of the details . . .

Product Info:

  • Base cardstock is The Paper Studio Textured Cardstock stack - Brights
  • Other cardstocks are either from The Paper Studio or DCWV
  • Patterned paper is from My Minds Eye; So Sophie; "Brothers and Sisters" Gracious Greenery
  • Stickles 'Stardust'
  • Gems are Prima eLine except the tiny green birds eye, and it is K&Company





Tips, Tools and Techniques:

Cricut Expression:
  • Card base was cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5 inches
  • Patterned paper was cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5 inches
  • The word 'happy' was cut using A Child's Year cartridge, Toys2-s using Font feature set at 1 1/4 inches
  • The birds were cut from Songbird cartridge:  B was cut using b-shift using Bird feature, set at 2 inches; E was cut using e-shift using Bird feature also set at 2 inches
Other:
  • Cardstock rectangles cut by hand
  • Stickles were applied on the outside of the letter B and inside the letter E
And that was that!  And I think it looks pretty cute, although I have to admit it is not one of my favorite cards.

Are you going to apply for our Design Team?  If you love making cards, layouts, altered items, fabric crafts - any of those - you really should!   I have been on the team about six months now, and I will be the first to tell you that sometimes the sketches are a real challenge, but they make me think outside the box, and outside my comfort zone, and I believe I have learned a lot from these challenges.  We are a very laid back team, no drama, and SarahKaye (our fearless leader) is just the sweetest thing!  If you have ever wanted to try for a design team, this is THE one to go for!

Okay, that's it for me.  As you are reading this I am most likely in a kayak in the lake at beautiful Richard B. Russell State Park!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, too!  Blessings, and Be Joyful Always, Becky


   

No comments: