Now, on to the reason for this post! I am always looking for new challenges, and one I recently came upon is Our Creative Corner. This week's challenge is to make a 'Beautiful Baby' card, and here is my take on their challenge . . .
And here are all the details . . .
The Blueprint: Create a card using the theme of 'Beautiful Baby'. Card must include kraft card stock, 'trim' (includes lace, ribbon, crochet, etc.), and at least one button.
The Supply List:
- Base card stock is from Die Cuts With a View (DCWV)
- Patterned paper is from Prima Marketing ~ Sweet Fairy Collection 'Wind Chimes'
- Flowers and gems from Prima Marketing
- Sentiment is from SRM Stickers #51002 Baby
- Kraft card stock is from The Paper Studio
- Vintage button, ribbon, twill tape and lace are from my stash
- Image found on Flickr, edited with Picasa software and printed on ink jet printer
- Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden cartridge
- Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Labels 4' dies
- Scissors, craft knife and ruler
- Use a ruler or other straight edge to 'scrape' the sentiment sticker to get a clean application and get out any air bubbles.
- Use the blade of a craft knife to lift gems and pearls off the film it is on, and then easily place it where you want it.
I also made a coordinating gift tag to go with this card . . .
I made this using a #5 (2 3/8" x 4 3/4") manila tag and all the same supplies as above. I cut the bird and bear out of a second image and placed them on the tag for more dimension.
Thanks so much for visiting today! Blessings, Becky