Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

5/30/2011

Our Creative Corner Challenge 'Beautiful Baby'

Hello!  I hope all of my friends in the USA are having a wonderful Memorial Day!  For those of you outside the US, Memorial Day is an annual holiday when we honor and remember those who have served in our armed forces in the past and present, living and deceased.  It is a day when I find myself most humbled and grateful for the sacrifices of the multitude of men and women, and their families and loved ones, who have sacrificed so much for our freedom.  If you are among that number, Thank You!

Now, on to the reason for this post!  I am always looking for new challenges, and one I recently came upon is Our Creative Corner.  This week's challenge is to make a 'Beautiful Baby' card, and here is my take on their challenge . . .




And here are all the details . . .

The Blueprint:  Create a card using the theme of 'Beautiful Baby'.  Card must include kraft card stock, 'trim' (includes lace, ribbon, crochet, etc.), and at least one button.

The Supply List:

  • Base card stock is from Die Cuts With a View (DCWV)
  • Patterned paper is from Prima Marketing ~ Sweet Fairy Collection 'Wind Chimes'
  • Flowers and gems from Prima Marketing
  • Sentiment is from SRM Stickers #51002 Baby
  • Kraft card stock is from The Paper Studio
  • Vintage button, ribbon, twill tape and lace are from my stash
  • Image found on Flickr, edited with Picasa software and printed on ink jet printer





The Tools:

  • Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden cartridge
  • Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Labels 4' dies
  • Scissors, craft knife and ruler



Tips:
  • Use a ruler or other straight edge to 'scrape' the sentiment sticker to get a clean application and get out any air bubbles.
  • Use the blade of a craft knife to lift gems and pearls off the film it is on, and then easily place it where you want it.

I also made a coordinating gift tag to go with this card . . . 




I made this using a #5 (2 3/8" x 4 3/4") manila tag and all the same supplies as above.  I cut the bird and bear out of a second image and placed them on the tag for more dimension.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Blessings, Becky



2 comments:

Lori Rider said...

This is so cute - I love your image and vintage details! So sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC!

Sharon Wheet said...

Becky, I just want you to know that your card is wonderful! I love the graphics, the whole thing! Wow wonderful! I'm glad that you got to play along with us in our baby challenge! Thank you for your entry! I hope that we see more of your work in our other challenges. Thank you for your entry! LOVE it!