LOL! Well, the sketch didn't really speak to me, but when I saw it I did know that it was made for the patriotic paper. And after all, it IS Memorial Day weekend, and the Fourth of July isn't far behind, so I knew it was meant to be!. Here is my project based on this week's sketch . . .
And here are all of the details . . .
The Supply List:
- Card 'blank' is from Hobby Lobby
- Patterned papers are from We R. Memory Keepers ~ Yankee Doodles 'Star Doodle' and 'Flag Doodle'
- Red and blue card stock are from The Paper Studio
- White crepe paper streamer is from Hobby Lobby
- Sticker Sentiment is from SRM Press # 51003 Happy Birthday
- Stickles 'stardust' and 'xmas red'
- Buttons and twine are from my stash
- Beacon 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Cricut Expression and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge and Preserves cartridge
- Carl PRT-100 rotary cutter
- Scissors, pinking shears, craft knife
- Sewing Machine
- Using rotary cutter, trim flag paper to fit card base, adhere to card
- Using rotary cutter, cut 2 1/2" strip of star paper
- Place card on top of star paper, positioning it to fit as shown on sketch. Mark with pencil and trip to fit. Adhere to card.
- Using Cricut Expression and Preserves cartridge, cut red 'star' shape using 'lid' feature, Mango2 set at 3 1/2".
- Also using Cricut and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge, cut blue tag using 'hole option' and scltop set at 2 3/4".
- Adhere star to card using foam dots to bump it off the page.
- Adhere sticker to tag, and embellish with Stickles. Set aside to let dry.
- Using regular crepe paper streamers, take about a 10 to 12 inch piece, fold until about 3 inches long and trim one edge with pinking shears.
- Apply Stickles to pinked edge of crepe paper and allow to dry.
- Once Stickles on crepe paper is dry, sew a long basting stitch along the other edge of the streamer, about 1/4 inch from the edge. Pull one string to gather and glue ends together in a circle.
- Glue white flower to red star and add buttons threaded with red and white bakers twine.
- Glue tag to card and add a button to cover the hole.
|Side shot to show dimension of flower|
And that was it! I love the white crepe paper flower as it looks kind of like a poppy, and white paper poppies are often worn as a symbol of peace. I'm not happy with the tag. When will I ever learn that there is such a thing as too much Stickles!!!
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Come back tomorrow for Sketch #108 for Unscripted Sketches! Blessings folks, Becky