Once a month we have a 'piggyback' challenge along with the usual sketch, and this month's piggyback is to have metal on your card. I have four metal brads and three decorative quilters pins, but I also embossed the chipboard with a gold metallic finish. I chose to use my favorite square card base instead of a rectangle, so I had to work it out, but I love the final product. And don't forget, the sketch is simply a starting point! As long as we can see the sketch in some way in your project, it's okay! Here is my project based on the sketch . . .
The Supply List:
- Cardstock is from The Paper Studio
- Patterned papers are from My Minds Eye 'Stella and Rose' line - Mabel "Little Lady" Posies Paper and Mabel "Play" Silly Stripe Paper
- Chipboard is from an old kit that I don't even remember the name of - it's at least 4-5 years old!
- Clear ink pad from Stampabilities
- Ranger "Queen's Gold" Embossing Powder
- Flowers and Gems are from Prima
- Brads from my stash (various)
- Sentiment is from SRM Stickers
- Quilters Pins are from Singer
- Stickles 'Crystal' and 'Platinum'
- Beacon's 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Glue Arts 'Perma Tac' Adhesive
- Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden Cartridge
- Rotary Cutter (Carl PRT-100)
- Scissors, Craft Knife
- Heat Gun
- Glue Glider Pro
- Using Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden Cartridge cut the card base using 'card2' set at 5", then cut the base patterned paper using 'card1' set at 5". For the smaller squares, using 'card1' cut 6 squares: 1 @ 1 3/4", 3 at 1 1/2" and 2 at 1 1/4". For the double paper flower, cut using 'crpsis' flower set at 3/4" and 1".
- Adhere patterned paper square to base of card using Glue Glider Pro and Perma Tac adhesive
- Using a clear ink (such as VersaMark or Stampabilities) heavily ink the chipboard. Coat chipboard with embossing powder. Heat using heat tool to melt the embossing powder.Set aside to cool.
- Cut two flowers from patterned cardstock, glue to quilters pins, then coat with Stickles 'Crystal' and set aside to dry.
- Using flowers cut on Cricut, glue larger to a quilters pin, then put a foam dot on back of smaller flower and adhere to larger flower for dimension. Add gem, and outline edges of flower with Stickles Platinum (bottom flower) and Crystal (top flower); set aside to dry.
- Glue chipboard letters to the smaller squares of paper. Place the letters and adhere with glue for some, and foam dots for the A and second P.
- Apply sticker sentiment to last square and apply with foam dots
- Add brads to 4 flowers, and glue to card base. Glue remaining flowers to card base and add gems.
- Stick decorated quilters pins into foam dots under raised squares to hold them securely.
Note: To see more about the quilters pins, see THIS POST
And there you have my project for this week's Unscripted Sketches sketch. Please visit Unscripted Sketches blog AND the blogs of our amazing designers! I'm sure they would love to find comments from you this week! Thanks for coming and Blessings, friends! Becky