Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

5/22/2011

Another Challenge???


Hello there! It's a beautiful Sunday morning here in northern Georgia, and my hubby is still in bed asleep, the dogs have been put out, fed and are now back in their bed asleep, so I have a bit of peace and quiet time.



I have a question for you! Do you participate in any card making, tag making, scrapbooking challenges? I love them, and participate in as many as crafting time allows, but I'm finding more and more that the bigger, more popular challenges encourage stamping, and even frown on other types of images.

I am not a stamper!

There are several reasons why I am not a stamper, but the main one being the cost of buying stamps, inks, markers, etc. The other is that using the same image over and over and over AND over again just doesn't appeal to me! I mean, how many times can or will you use the same image??? It just doesn't make sense FOR me! I have absolutely nothing against stampers, and in fact I am a bit in awe of many of the stamping artists out there! It's just not for me personally.



But since it's getting harder and harder to find good challenges where only stamped images are welcome, I've been thinking of starting a bi-weekly challenge where stamped (including digi-stamps) images are not allowed! Here are my thoughts . . .

  • We would do either cards or tags, or a mixture of both!
  • You could use stamps for sentiments, but not for the images.
  • The challenge would be simply for the fun of doing it because I can't afford to offer any prizes. From time to time I may give away a few of my favorite printed images to the winner(s).
  • Sponsors would be welcomed but not sought after!
  • Challenges would be bi-weekly, with one week to submit your projects, and a 'quiet' week in between.
  • There would be no official design team to start, but each week I would choose my favorite two submissions, and those people would be invited to participate as guest designer for the second challenge after that (allowing plenty of time for making projects) as well as help choosing the winners from that week. Each winner would get a button to put on their blogs saying they won a challenge on 'Becky's Challenge Blog' (not the real name, just an example).
  • Challenges would vary! It may be a theme, a sketch, a 'recipe' of items on the project, or whatever I can come up with!
So tell me, what do you think! Please answer the poll below by clicking on the 'BooRoo' link, AND leave me a comment, letting me know what you think about the idea. I welcome comments and suggestions from everyone! Thanks so much for visiting! Becky




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand exactly what you are saying with regard to stamped images...while I do have a BIG HUGE set of COPIC Markers, I really am just now starting to get where I am learning to color well enough that I am considering doing some of my cards with stamped images...but for the most part, my cards have stamped sentiments and that's it....(it's just the way I prefer to design my cards) or for card I create for The Kraft Journal I will use digital images that I find online or buy (there are so many gorgeous images out there, and like you said, it's hard to use one image over and over again!!)... if you were to start such a challenge as the one you are talking about, I actually think you would be filling a niche that is not filled right now in the crafting challenge world... (even tho no one has commented here yet). I don't know if you know about the blog Feline Playful that lists weekly challenges, but that would be a start to get your challenge listed there to let people know about it.. at any rate, if you start it... I know I'd love to play along when I can!!! Best Wishes for your new adventure!!! :-)

Valerie said...

I would be very interested in this for several reasons.
1. I am tired of using the same ol' stamps.
2. I have found some beautiful free pics online that I love.
3. I'm downsizing & need the space & $$ for more pertinent items.

I have some stampless cards on my blog so hope you drop by.
1-happyscrapper.blogspot.com

Valerie M