Hello there! It's a beautiful Sunday morning here in northern Georgia, and my hubby is still in bed asleep, the dogs have been put out, fed and are now back in their bed asleep, so I have a bit of peace and quiet time.
I have a question for you! Do you participate in any card making, tag making, scrapbooking challenges? I love them, and participate in as many as crafting time allows, but I'm finding more and more that the bigger, more popular challenges encourage stamping, and even frown on other types of images.
I am not a stamper!
There are several reasons why I am not a stamper, but the main one being the cost of buying stamps, inks, markers, etc. The other is that using the same image over and over and over AND over again just doesn't appeal to me! I mean, how many times can or will you use the same image??? It just doesn't make sense FOR me! I have absolutely nothing against stampers, and in fact I am a bit in awe of many of the stamping artists out there! It's just not for me personally.
But since it's getting harder and harder to find good challenges where only stamped images are welcome, I've been thinking of starting a bi-weekly challenge where stamped (including digi-stamps) images are not allowed! Here are my thoughts . . .
- We would do either cards or tags, or a mixture of both!
- You could use stamps for sentiments, but not for the images.
- The challenge would be simply for the fun of doing it because I can't afford to offer any prizes. From time to time I may give away a few of my favorite printed images to the winner(s).
- Sponsors would be welcomed but not sought after!
- Challenges would be bi-weekly, with one week to submit your projects, and a 'quiet' week in between.
- There would be no official design team to start, but each week I would choose my favorite two submissions, and those people would be invited to participate as guest designer for the second challenge after that (allowing plenty of time for making projects) as well as help choosing the winners from that week. Each winner would get a button to put on their blogs saying they won a challenge on 'Becky's Challenge Blog' (not the real name, just an example).
- Challenges would vary! It may be a theme, a sketch, a 'recipe' of items on the project, or whatever I can come up with!
So tell me, what do you think! Please answer the poll below by clicking on the 'BooRoo' link, AND leave me a comment, letting me know what you think about the idea. I welcome comments and suggestions from everyone! Thanks so much for visiting! Becky