Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/22/2011

The Kraft Journal "Welcome Summer" Challenge

Happy Summer Everyone!!!  Yes, yesterday (6/21) was the first day of summer, and over at The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog, the designers have challenged us to make a project that welcomes summer!  When I was looking for an image for this card, I saw this sweet image of a ferris wheel from The Graphics Fairy, and just knew it was perfect for this challenge.  After all, what says summertime more than blue skies and a ferris wheel!  Here is my project . . .




The Supplies:

  • Cardstock - DCWV
  • Kraft cardstock - The Paper Studio
  • Patterned paper - October Afternoon
  • Image - The Graphics Fairy
  • Stamp - Anna Griffin
  • Gems - Prima
  • Stickles 'platinum' and 'diamond'
  • Paper Doily - Wilton
  • Seam binding - Bluebird Lane Etsy shop





The Tools:
  • Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
  • EK Success medium corner rounding punch
  • Scissors, ruler, rotary trimmer, craft knife
  • Computer and ink jet printer
  • Anna Griffin stamp for border of sentiment ~ sentiment printed on printer



I really love the color scheme, given to me by the image, you don't often see an orangey yellow with pink and blue, but it does look like summertime!  Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you will come back very soon!  Blessings, Becky




1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how adorable, Becky!! LOVE that Ferris wheel image! You're so right...it screams summer and wonderful memories. Really gorgeous design, too. Thanks for playing along with us again at The Kraft Journal.