Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/30/2011

Little Red Wagon Challenge #87 - Patriotic Card

This is indeed a patriotic weekend for North America!  Canada is celebrating 'Canada Day' on July 1st, and the US is celebrating 'Independence Day' on July 4th.  And since most of the ladies over at the Little Red Wagon challenge are from Canada, it was no surprise that their challenge for this week is to make a 'patriotic' card!  Here is my card based on their challenge . . .





And here are the details . . .

Supply List:

  • Base card stock - The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
  • Kraft card stock - The Paper Store (JoAnn's)
  • Sentiment - SRM Stickers #51003 Happy Birthday
  • Quilters Pins - Singer (dipped in Stickles, below)
  • Stickles 'gold', 'xmas red', and 'crystal'
  • Fiber - 'ecru' Peaches and Cream yarn from Pisgah Yarn and Dyeing Co.
  • Ribbon - stash, coffee stained for aged appearance
  • Brown Ink - Anna Griffin
  • Image - Flickr
  • Vintage navy pea coat button - stash
  • Adhesive - Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
  • Foam dots - Recollections (Michaels)
  • Paper doily - estate sale



Tools Used:
  • Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
  • Computer, ink jet printer
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife and rotary cutter



Cricut Cuts:
  • Card base cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Kraft 'doily' cut using Elegant Edges cartridge, eyelet2 set at 4"




Other Tips:
  • For the glittery heart and star pins:  The pins are from Singer and can be found at fabric stores.  They have different shaped heads:  heart, star, crescent moon, sun or sunflower, and butterfly.  First I coat each side with Stickles and allow to dry completely.  Next, I remove the tip (pull out) from the Stickles bottle and dip the pin head in the Stickles, then allow to dry completely.  If necessary, you can touch up spots that weren't covered.

I love this image that I found on Flickr, and they are so easy to save to your computer and resize and print using Picasa3!  Thanks for visiting, and I hope to see you again soon!  Blessings, Becky



1 comment:

Cheap Logo Design said...

The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.