Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

7/19/2011

Tag Tuesday - Butterflies!

Just a quick post to share the tag I made for Rebecca's challenge over at Tag Tuesday/Blog Challenge Garden.  I did something different this week, and stepped outside my comfort zone!  The design for my tag was found on a sheet of pre-printed watercolor paintable outlines from Donna Dewberry - a yard sale find!  Here is my tag . . .




I used watercolor pencils (by eeBoo) to color in the frame, flower and leaves, then used a wet paint brush to soften and spread the color.  I added a butterfly from Jenni Bowlin, but I used a couple of straight pins with pink heads that I dipped in glue, then glitter for the antennae, 'platinum' Stickles for the flower center, and ribbon from my stash - I think it's from Hobby Lobby.  I hand wrote the sentiment with a purple gel pen, but it doesn't match very well, I'm afraid.  This is far from my usual kind of tag, but I think it is pretty anyway!

Thanks for visiting, blessings, Becky

5 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful card.

Faye said...

Becky, your tag is so pretty! What a yard sale find that paper was! I love the butterfly and the flower. And Stickles! Love Stickles. I've never seen the Platinum before. It's gorgeous.

BelleSouth said...

The colors are pretty and I really enjoyed how you made the butterfly!

Rebecca

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great choice of colors and a wonderful butterfly.

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Very Creative & Pretty!