Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/14/2011

Hello Friend - Paper Crafts Magazine August Gallery Challenge

Hi there!  Just wanted to take a minute to share a card with you that I made for the Paper Crafts Magazine August Gallery Challenge.  The challenge is to make a card for your bff or a special girl friend, and as soon as I saw this sweet image, I knew I wanted to make a card for this challenge.  Here is my card . . .





Supplies:

  • Base card stock - DCWV
  • Patterned paper - The Girl's Paperie
  • Image - Bumble Buttons
  • Sentiment - SRM Stickers
  • Crinkled seam binding - Bluebird Lane Etsy shop
  • Vintage button - stash (from my Mama's box of buttons she gave me a couple of years ago)
  • Stickles 'Cotton Candy' and 'Star Dust' - Ranger Ink

Tools Used:
  • Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden (WIMG) and Elegant Edges (EE) cartridges
  • Computer and ink jet printer
  • Scissors, craft knife, ruler and rotary cutter

Cricut Cuts:
  • Card base - WIMG cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Patterned paper - WIMG cartridge, card1 set at 5"
  • Green frame - EE cartridge, Citrus1 set at 4 1/2" using Frame feature

Tips:
  • When 'fussy cutting' an image, move the paper, and not the scissors.
  • Use a craft knife for interior and smaller cuts.

I can't tell you how much I love this card, but the image is what makes the card!  Well, that and that pretty crinkled seam binding, and the paper . . . . 

Blessings, Becky!




No comments: